Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallest Commercial Airport (In terms of SIZE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallest Commercial Airport (In terms of SIZE)

I've been wondering about this for a long time:

What is the smallest commercial airport in terms of size? A cramped, virtually unexpandable, tiny (size) airport with commercial service.

I know MDW definately fits into that catagory; they stuck the place smack in the middle of the city... hell the terminal is across the street .
    www.acairport.com

HVN is pretty small.

I'm sure it's not the smallest, but its the smallest I have been to.

Comment

BID....
      Block Island State Airport
      Block Island, RI

A Small Airport In The Smallest State!

A few flights a day on New England Airlines to Westerly 12 mins. away. They have a semi-diverse fleet of some single and twin props--I can name the De Havilland Twin Otter.

Rwy is 2502 feet by 100 feet. No tower, no commercial terminal. The airline's desk is in the FBO (which also operates the airport under contract).

United Virtual Airlines. The Best VA Out There.

Comment

sorry buddy but MDW isnt even close.

EGE is the smallest and it gets 757s from all the major us carrors, my hous is bigger than the terminal (no im not even being sarcastic, I compared the two.
        frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

I bet there is a smaller one (in terms of land area) that can't even get jets.

Meigs field used to get UAL

Comment

not the smallest airport, but definitely one of the smallest terminals..... EFD....

the terminal is a converted double-wide. the baggage claim is a table outside, where the bags have to be hand carried through a gate to. wouldn't sound too bad, except for the fact that coex operates about seven daily flights with the erj and most are full.
            Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by fristclass

EGE is the smallest and it gets 757s from all the major us carrors, my hous is bigger than the terminal (no im not even being sarcastic, I compared the two.
              No Fair!

Comment

I'd say EYW(Key West) is definitely up there, that place is tiny. Also, MTH(Marathon, FL Keys) is pretty small, but has a REALLY cool terminal! Not sure if MTH still has commercial flights b/c i havent been there since 2000, but i figured i'd mention it.
                Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
                -PT-

Comment

Originally posted by MCIFLYR
                  I'd say EYW(Key West) is definitely up there, that place is tiny. Also, MTH(Marathon, FL Keys) is pretty small, but has a REALLY cool terminal! Not sure if MTH still has commercial flights b/c i havent been there since 2000, but i figured i'd mention it.
                  I just checked Flytecomm and unfortunately there are no commercial flights currently operating out of marathon .

Comment

Hey thanx for the quick info....Well that sucks, i remember AA eagle and Cape Air used to fly to MIA/FLL from there a few years ago, and if i'm not crazy i swear i saw old desks with CO and UA signage, but i could be way off....but hey, FOE (Topeka, KS) still has signage for UA and they havent had service since the early 90s...go figure i guess
                    Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
                    -PT-

Comment

Originally posted by ethanman234
                      I just checked Flytecomm and unfortunately there are no commercial flights currently operating out of marathon .
                      Actually, FCA (Florida Coast Airlines) from FLL to Marathon on Cessna 402's and Sea Coast Airlines has service from Marathon to ZEPHYRHILLS, St. Petersburg, and Key West as a public charter service.
                      www.acairport.com

Comment

Watertown, NY/KART is pretty close...I would estimate that the entire terminal is less than 700 sq ft. 3 flights/daily on US Airways express Beech 1900Ds to PIT. I think the only reason an airline flies here is because the govt pays them to.
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I think the only reason an airline flies here is because the govt pays them to.
                          Ahh...but in a place w/ no competition, the pax get rippred off, so the airline wins twice

Comment

How about Grand Forks!!!

Chris

Comment

Continental (Express) terminal at Ellington Field (EFD) Houston is a Double-Wide Trailer!. But the airport itself can land anything up to a C-5.
                              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                              X