Post Thanksgiving trip CO EWR-SAN (Pt. 2) pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Thanksgiving trip CO EWR-SAN (Pt. 2) pics

BACKGROUND: The first two days in the Tri-State area was unusually warm in the low 60’s but we knew that wouldn’t last long. For the remainder of the trip it was back to the early winter chill that hits the Northeast this time of year.

After spending Thanksgiving week with my in-laws in Connecticut it was time to drive back to New York on Saturday to have some fun in the city. To start off the holidays in proper fashion we had tickets to see the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. After the show we walked around Manhattan to some of my old stomping grounds from back when I lived in New York.

HOTELS: We had reservations at the Newark Airport Marriott for the last two days of this trip. I requested a room facing the airport and or city upon check in and was accommodated quote nicely with a top level room. I highly recommend this hotel for spotting and panoramic views of the NYC/NJ Metropolis. I managed to do lots of spotting from the room. Lastly because I booked the Marriott Hotel through Continental I accrued and additional 3,00 One Pass Miles

Hotel Pics
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Jane9191...irportMarriot#

Date: Monday November 29, 2010
    Segment: EWR-SAN
    Flight: CO 1426
    Load Factor: 100%
    Class: H
    Equipment: Boeing 737-900ER (B739/Q)
    Cruising Altitude: 32,000 feet
    Cruising Speed: 448 kts
    Duration: 5 hours 25 minutes
    Distance: Direct 2422 sm, Planned 2,546 sm, Flown 2,590 sm
    Departure Gate EWR: Terminal C / Gate C94
    Arrival Gate SAN: Terminal 2 / Gate 36
    Scheduled Departure: 05:25PM EST
    Actual Departure: 05:48PM EST
    Route: COATE J36 JLGON J36 FNT BAE ONL EKR TBC EED LYNDI2
    Scheduled Arrival: 08:39PM PST
    Actual Arrival: 08:13PM PST
    Seat: 34F
    One Pass Miles: 2425
    Total Miles this trip: 7850

Flight Routing
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/C...225Z/KEWR/KSAN

Flight Pics
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Jane9191...entalAirlines#

DURING THE FLIGHT: The flight was smooth and effortless. Direct TV worked great & no problems with the programming for the whole trip.

ONBOARD ANEMITIES: I ordered the “Three Amigos Cold Sliders” off the menu which are 3 small various type sandwiches. Hardly enough to fill me up so luckily I brought dinner from one of the airport eateries just in case. There were 3 beverage and snack services during the flight.

FLIGHT SUMMARY: The flight was smooth for the most part, however it seems we had to fly further north to avoid a storm system. We did hit some really rough chop upon final descent in to San Diego the plane actually shook enough to scare a few passengers. The crew was very cordial and courteous.

Any comments, questions, and feedback are welcome .

Regards, Mike
Working...
X