Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, ITS in on a temporary ban then, and is coming back?

I hope that is the case because he has a lot of really good info to share. IMO, I think some people are just too easily offended. He took the time to answer a lot of my questions and posted a lot of good info. Is he to be blamed for having strong opinions? I have seen plenty of strong opinions here and even some ugly exchanges and those people have not been banned.

May I suggest that he gets another chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
      like you, B757300, ptbodale & AP-A343. You may not like ITS's posting style but he knows more about aviation that the three of you knuckleheads combined to the 58th power.

Read his posts and absorb the knowledge.... it you are actually interested in learning. Otherwise put him on ignore and enjoy the mindless babble.
      Real mature comment. I expect nothing better from an ITS supporter.

Welcome to the ignore list, dolt.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale View Post
        You do not know me or the amount of aviation knowledge I have. I know that he, ITS, is ignorant, rude and a bully. He may have aviation knowledge, but he needs to learn how to disseminate information. Right from the start with his highlighting various words he irrated a number of people, made his posts difficult to read and his insults against several members of the site was not called for.
        This is exactly the problem most people have with ITS. The amount of knowledge one possesses is irrelevant if the way they present it is rude, crude, and obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale View Post
          I agree as well. Many of our regular members have left the site because of him and cronies.
          This is .. I don't wanna say this is a difficult question but, as ITS was (and is obviously) a person with whom you could easily have an endless dispute on one single part of a topic.. May the administrators do what they have to do.
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

ITS has made me laugh out loud quite often. Possessing a savant like knowledge of aviation combined with being a smartass of the first water earns the guy a pass in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry the K View Post
              ITS has made me laugh out loud quite often. Possessing a savant like knowledge of aviation combined with being a smartass of the first water earns the guy apass in my book.

YAY! Another musician!

I agree...and he and I started off very badly! I think he has a lot of knowledge to share. I hope that he does indeed come back.

Comment

There are funny parts off this forums (like OT) and there are more serious parts like the accident section.

ITS had been warned more then once, but when he posts a photo of a caveman + a photo of a Airbus = photo of AF A330 wreckage to make his "cheap composites point" then this is not a way to discuss with other members in a respectable and serious manner.

If we have to delete a whole page of the thread with him having a go at various posters, who did not agree with him, then he shows a lack of respect to other members and their opinion.

There is a clear difference between presenting your opinion in a "direct to the face" manner and clearly provoking other users.

The later will not be tolerated here.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry the K View Post
                  ITS has made me laugh out loud quite often. Possessing a savant like knowledge of aviation combined with being a smartass of the first water earns the guy apass in my book.
                  .....but there is a difference between being an irritating smartass who you can either ignore or banter with, and being personally offensive and on some occasions bordering on/being racist ?

As far as I am aware none of the more verbal contributors actually upload photos here and we should remember that the prime function of this site is photography. I realise that all this goes on in the off topic forum but there are certain standards that should be adhered to, especially when you bear in mind that there is quite a large young membership here.

Hey, I join in on the Canon vs Nikon banter...but I NEVER get personal or racist about it and we still have a bit of fun.
                  If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

In the time that I have 'known' ITS on the various sites...which is about 5-6 years...he has never changed his style, maybe become steadily worse in some respects but not changed dramatically. I cannot see him ever changing, he is probably too old and set in his ways to change by now.

He does have alot of very credible knowledge and imput, but it is lost amongst the biased stuff that he knows will cause others to rise up to his taunts. He knows how to press the right buttons and turn any thread about any subject into something verging on a flame war within a couple of words from him.

It is very sad that someone with the knowledge and experience that ITS seems to have has to resort to basically juvenile behaviour, but that is ITS and only he can change the way he is and only if he really wants to.
                    2005 - LBA-LHR-MAD-SCL (BMI/Iberia A319/A340)
                    2006 - EZE-MAD-LHR-LBA (BMI/Iberia A319/A340)
                    2007 - MAN-MBJ (Monarch B767)
                    2008 - MAN-CDG-HKG/HKG-CDG-MAN (Air France B777)
                    2008 - MAN-AMS-IAH/IAH-AMS-MAN (KLM B747 combi)

30/31 Mar 2010 - MAN-AMS-SIN (KLM B737/B777)
                    06 May 2010 - GOA-LGW-MAN (British Airways A320)

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                      .....but there is a difference between being an irritating smartass who you can either ignore or banter with, and being personally offensive and on some occasions bordering on/being racist ?

As far as I am aware none of the more verbal contributors actually upload photos here and we should remember that the prime function of this site is photography. I realise that all this goes on in the off topic forum but there are certain standards that should be adhered to, especially when you bear in mind that there is quite a large young membership here.

Hey, I join in on the Canon vs Nikon banter...but I NEVER get personal or racist about it and we still have a bit of fun.
                      I agree with you Brian, there is a difference and I can appreciate your point. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Oh, and not a minute too soon! Well done to most of the Mods.

It's just interesting though that it took this long, but then again, when you have a certain Moderator in your back pocket to completely goad you on, and further - to aide in your attacks, I can see how easily he could be allowed to continue his tirade.

Oh, and btw - I have to thank Dale (for actually empathizing) for highlighting how his attacks were, at time - racist, bigoted and inflammatory. For a moment, I assumed that all here could at least attempt to see things from another point of view, but now I relaize my grave error. I also found it hilarious that you brought up the idea of race - becuase quite frankly, I assumed that all Mods here would be intelligent enough to stop attatcks that touched upon ethnicity, race or religion. But then again, another grave error indeed. I can honestly say that we are yet to see the true extent of his comments (and the sour taste that he has left many of us with). I can say that I am afraid that many of our European members have shied away from the forums as a direct response to his inflammatory comments/statements.
                        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Look, I know economic times are tough and money is tight, but I would highly urge many of you here to scrounge up enough to go out and buy yourselves a sense of humor. Half of you folks can't even spell irony, satire, or sarcasm much less recognize it when you see it. The fact that ITS doesn't use little winking smiley faces in his posts means that you can't enjoy the shear absurdity that he uses to get his points across because none of you know when to laugh unless you see the stupid little icons.

Have any of you noticed that many of the topics that ITS posts in create the most debate or encourage the strongest reactions and result in high view counts. The fact is he makes you think even if it's because he forces you to form an opinion or an argument just to counter his bold assertions.....and most of you simply don't want to think. It's too much effort and creates controversy. You want to go back to the typical banal threads on here like "Let's judge airlines by their livery" or "Why doesn't Delta fly from Jacksonville to Moscow". Frankly this place is a snooze without ITS to spice things up. If you simply can't bear his comments, then don't read them. But don't call for his banning and ruin it for the rest of us who like something other than the pure vanilla that permeates these forums.

ptbodale: In the immortal words of Adrian Cronauer: "You are in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history". Seriously, you need to loosen up. You're wound so tight you could single handedly solve the energy crisis....all we need to do is shove some old fish bones and vegetable matter up your ass and in a few weeks you'd be spurting crude oil out your butt. Laugh a little, you'll live longer.

screaming_emu : You strike me as one of those RJ pilots who strolls around the airport with an IPOD in your ears, a backpack slung over your shoulder and Oakleys around your neck. You sit in your shiny RJ during preflight constantly texting your friends telling them how cool it is to be sitting in your shiny jet....but then again, I don't really know you and maybe I shouldn't judge you from a few posts on an internet forum. What do you think?

Nobody says you have to like ITS or act like him as a pilot....hell, you can use him as an example of everything you don't want to be as a Pilot for all I care...even I think some of his whackier posts are full of shit. But if you really are interested in this profession, then I'd recommend you pay attention. Some of the best parts of the flying business come when sitting around the bar over a few beers and talking flying, debating about airplanes, passing on a few valuable training nuggets, and maybe even telling a few tall tales. It's called Hangar Talk, and ITS can Hangar talk with the best of 'em. I'm not saying everything ITS posts is pure gold, but there's enough in there that you ought to be paying attention and separating the wheat from the chaff. Any discussion of flying is valuable to someone in this profession even if the topic makes you decide 'what not to do' in a particular situation. You're not going to get anything out of debating with the typical 16 year olds on here. Hangar Talk...It's a valuable way to pass knowledge down in this business....unfortunately, I find today's F/Os moslty want to order Red Bull martinis, text their friends, and talk about their favorite YouTube videos.
                          Last edited by Vnav; 2009-06-20, 22:38.
                          Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

Look, I know economic times are tough and money is tight, but I would highly urge many of you here to scrounge up enough to go out and buy yourselves a sense of humor. Half of you folks can't even spell irony, satire, or sarcasm much less recognize it when you see it. The fact that ITS doesn't use little winking smiley faces in his posts means that you can't enjoy the shear absurdity that he uses to get his points across because none of you know when to laugh unless you see the stupid little icons.
                            Agree 100%

Have any of you noticed that many of the topics that ITS posts in create the most debate or encourage the strongest reactions and result in high view counts. The fact is he makes you think even if it's because he forces you to form an opinion or an argument just to counter his bold assertions.....and most of you simply don't want to think. It's too much effort and creates controversy. You want to go back to the typical banal threads on here like "Let's judge airlines by their livery" or "Why doesn't Delta fly from Jacksonville to Moscow". Frankly this place is a snooze without ITS to spice things up. If you simply can't bear his comments, then don't read them. But don't call for his banning and ruin it for the rest of us who like something other than the pure vanilla that permeates these forums.
                            Agree 100%

ptbodale: In the immortal words of Adrian Cronauer: "You are in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history". Seriously, you need to loosen up. You're wound so tight you could single handedly solve the energy crisis....all we need to do is shove some old fish bones and vegetable matter up your ass and in a few weeks you'd be spurting crude oil out your butt. Laugh a little, you'll live longer.
                            AGREE 1000000000%

Nobody says you have to like ITS
                            Agree 100%

If you don't like what some people post then use the ignore feature. Now I'm going to go out with some friends to have a few drinks and engage in "examining room talk" you have hangar talk I have "examining room talk," same concept....different topic. Some of you should try getting out a bit more often..you might develop a personality.

Comment

I have no problem with humor or with posts I disagree with. The problem with ITS, however, was that he made the same "joke" again and again. I got it: he didn't like Airbus products. But why? Out of anyone on this forum, he could probably give the best explanation on the matter. But instead, every post of his was either a simple praise of Boeing or a statement of how much he hated Airbus and their cheap, french, cracker box composites.

And the French/foreigner issue shouldn't be ignored. If this forum is to grow and attract knowledgeable, contributing members, how can it when every other post lambasts the French? Why would anyone join a forum that tolerates that? Again, we're not talking about the occasional joke here; this is all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
                                If you don't like what some people post then use the ignore feature. Now I'm going to go out with some friends to have a few drinks and engage in "examining room talk" you have hangar talk I have "examining room talk," same concept....different topic. Some of you should try getting out a bit more often..you might develop a personality.
                                You are either naive, ignorant of these forums rules or just want to make other members sound plain stupid.

Forum Rules

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
                                TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Working...
                                X