FedEx 757 Spotted @ SEA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx 757 Spotted @ SEA

While listing to my scanner early this afternoon, I heard on SEA Ground FDX9031 call in. I was curious about the flight number and also curious about a FedEx flight leaving at this time of day, so I looked it up at it turned out to be a Boeing 757-200! I wasn't able to make it to the airport in time, but luck was on my side today as an Alaska Airlines 737 reported seeing smoke come from the right side of the aircraft. It came back to SEA and left two hours later as seen in my not so great picture below.

The plane use to be with FlyJet airways with the reg G-FJEA. This plane was bound for ANC and then later on to SIN to get converted to a freighter. The plane had a temporary US Ferry Flight certificate, so it was not able to enter Canadian Airspace, making the routing unusual. Controllers on Seattle Departure were baffled at the routing, but the FedEx pilots calmly responded every time a controller asked them if that routing was right, with a short explanation of the situation.

I can't wait to see a 757 all dressed up in the FedEx livery!
    My Flickr Photos
    The city of Seattle hates humans.

Cool, can't wait to see it flying in FDX colors. Thanks for the update.

These will start to deploy on 722 routes, correct?
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
      These will start to deploy on 722 routes, correct?
      That's what I've heard. According to the first officer of this flight, they'll have eight 757's in their fleet by the end of the year.
      My Flickr Photos
      The city of Seattle hates humans.

Comment

8 eh? Well I hope they don't replace those 727s too fast!
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
        X