Airdisaster.com Forum Closed By Management Incompetence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airdisaster.com Forum Closed By Management Incompetence

So the airdisaster.com forums have closed down for good because our friend Chris apparently kept the only database on one single, presumably RAID, machine with two hard drives and never expected theft, mechanical failure, fire, flood or anything else to wipe out the data on that one machine. In other words a highly popular forum with thousands of committed users has been closed down due to an amateur and incompetent management who carried on like the most dosy, complacent and amateur home computer user.

If it wasn't so sad and pathetic you would have to burst in to hysterical laughter just because it is so totally unbelievable.

I'm sure Chris has another real agenda for closing the airdisaster.com forum down but won't say what it is. If he doesn't have another real reason for the closure and the real reason is that he never actually expected one server to fail then he clearly needs taking out and shooting before he does any more damage to the world.
    Yes - entirely typical of its complacent owner
    46.43%
    No - Just unbelievable, still in shock
    53.57%

I can understand that you're frustrated. But making posts, like this, and the throwing around of personal insults, is not the way to air your grievances - and will probably result in you being banned from these forums.

If you have a grievance, then I suggest that you act a little more maturely.

Comment

Dude get a life... I wonder how you would feel if you were the owner of such a big website, and lost all of your data. Little appreciation man...
      If you have anything interesting to post and want to cotribute to the growth of jp.net - post it. If not then keep on crying about AD down...
      Talking about biassed polls...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1711
        Dude... Chill.
        Like Chris you mean?

He was so chilled out he is now frozen for good!

Comment

Originally posted by ObservantPassenger
          Like Chris you mean?

He was so chilled out he is now frozen for good!
          You might get frozen on the member list if you don't stop with your attitude...

Comment

Coming to another one of his websites to bitch about it and suggest he be shot isn't the greatest idea either.

Comment

OP has a history of being a jerk.

Pay no heed.
              Everyone made like DB Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by callufrax
                I can understand that you're frustrated. But making posts, like this, and the throwing around of personal insults, is not the way to air your grievances - and will probably result in you being banned from these forums.
                Only if it is under the control of a load of intolerant bigots who believe only in American positive buz word speak and can't stand up to any form of criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  Coming to another one of his websites to bitch about it and suggest he be shot isn't the greatest idea either.
                  Only prooves he has no life besides the aviation related websites...

Comment

OP:

Wow. Quite an indictment, although I wasn't aware that it was my job to keep you happy.

You'll be happy to know that these forums (and the others I own) are backed up on three separate machines -- two in the same datacenter, and one far, far away. Daily MySQL dumps also come to my home computer via e-mail. So worry not, your little diatribe will be around, come hell or high water, for years and years to come!
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

...balh blah blah...
                      Simmer down, Karl. Shouldn't you be out shoveling snow?

Comment

Only if it is under the control of a load of intolerant bigots who believe only in American positive buz word speak and can't stand up to any form of criticism.
                        Theres a huge difference between smart criticism and f*cked criticism. You represent the second...

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
                          Shouldn't you be out shoveling snow?
                          LOL pwn3d.... how olds he ? 12 ?

Comment

You're lucky he didn't say "GET THE FUCK OFF MY FORUM!"
                            ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

So the airdisaster.com forums have closed down for good because our friend Chris apparently kept the only database on one single, presumably RAID, machine with two hard drives and never expected theft, mechanical failure, fire, flood or anything else to wipe out the data on that one machine. ..................If it wasn't so sad and pathetic you would have to burst in to hysterical laughter just because it is so totally unbelievable.

I'm sure Chris has another real agenda for closing the airdisaster.com forum down but won't say what it is. If he doesn't have another real reason for the closure and the real reason is that he never actually expected one server to fail then he clearly needs taking out and shooting before he does any more damage to the world.
                              What would that other agenda be, in your opinion ?

Why does it bother you so much, given that you were only a rare visitor to the other forum...?

Comment

Working...
                              X