AirNav Radar Box - Its Niiiice!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirNav Radar Box - Its Niiiice!!!

Martin Lynch and Sons sent me the latest ib Flight Tracking technology. I will be reviewing this for the RSGB. I have had the SBS-1 for some time, this new bit of kit by AirNav does everything the SBS promised but never delivered, and more.

I have only just begun to scratch the surface. But as you can see, I can tracj aircraft, live, anywhere in the world (although the states is a little bare at the moment.)

The system will show you the entire route of an aircraft, you can choose just to track one aircraft as welll, you can track via airport or airline, by type of aircraft. This thing will even send you, friends and family a text message when a nominated flight has dept and landed.

It allows the data to broadcast over the net, this means I can watch a friend dept Cyprus and track them all the way the EGLL in Real time.

It is rather good. I have included some screens. only been playing with it for about 30 mins.

Lee "Shaggy" Shand

One question,

How much? If it's less than the SBS, I'm there! Otherwise it's a no-go.

Comment

£469.95 http://www.virtualradar.co.uk/radarbox.shtml
      Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

wow, looks so much better then the SBS

I want one *drool*

Comment

Wow that's amazing !! Just the price is a bit too high ((

Comment

There is no budget option in the market

Comment

Looks slick but does it allow you the ability to track military A/C????
              Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
              http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net
                I'd seriously doubt any tracker would let you follow military a/c.

Comment

Looks cool, I'd get one once I have some money I don't need to spend on other things. Can the antena be mounted away from the box with a long enough wire so that you could put it outside someplace to get better reception instead of inside?

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net
                    Yep you can, but only in Mode S. They wont be displayed graphically, unless they have the other mode turned on, which some do, like US and UK Military freighters.

If they fly Civiian routes then they have to have Mode B enabled.
                    Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Does it track bizjets and the larger props such as the Beech 200 or Falcon 20? Or to rephrase that, does the SBS-1 do anything that it doesn't do?
                      DTVAirport

Comment

Working...
                      X