Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siegi,
    I screened all three and all three had civil genre selected. The one that was accepted was my mistake and I corrected it. Screeners have a thread where we can ask an admin to change items such as genre, category, airline etc. when we realise we have made an error which is the route I took to correct it. The correction will be effected when the relevent admin gets around to it.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Hi all,
      I just had these rejects but I don't understand why.

"Obstructing object", but the "object" is a part of the plane!

C/N / registration: (but they are correct)

Thank you all for helping me.
      Piero

Comment

• Hi,
        I just got this rejected for horizon unlevel, I leveled it off with the lamppost above the DE of Delta? Where could I level it off to correct it?

Thanks
        Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by JunkieIT View Post
          but the "object" is a part of the plane!
          Hi Piero,

The obstructing object is indeed a part of the plane but it's extremely distracting, and the fact it's a part of the aircraft shouldn't mean it gets in the way quite this much. Could you maybe have stepped a few feet to the left and avoided having it in the frame? The subject of the image is the actual aircraft after all, not parts that have been removed from it.

Originally posted by JunkieIT View Post
          http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3288529
          C/N / registration: (but they are correct)
          The details are correct but they're for the wrong aircraft. For display teams with multiple aircraft in the frame we ask images to be uploaded as the lead aircraft so in this case it could be either 056 or 064, but not 062.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by aaronacw View Post
          Hi,
          I just got this rejected for horizon unlevel, I leveled it off with the lamppost above the DE of Delta? Where could I level it off to correct it?

Thanks
          Aaron
          I'm honestly not sure on this one because I can't see a problem! The posts on the left lean as much as those on the right do in the opposite direction so it looks just like wide angle distortion to me. The only slight thing I can see is it's a bit heavy on contrast but it looks perfectly level to me. Perhaps the rejecting screener may be able to explain further.
          Last edited by PMN; 2011-01-15, 12:32.
          Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Thanks Paul for the advice, im gonna appeal it and see what happens

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronacw View Post
              Thanks Paul for the advice, im gonna appeal it and see what happens
              No worries at all Aaron. Just be aware that it *may* come back with a contrast reject because it has been pushed a little far but that aside I really can't see any other problem.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Hi,

recently I found some old photos from 2004-2006, one of it is the following, showing the meanwhile never existing airline Blue Wings: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3289549

I totally agree with the rejection for soft, but when I try to sharpen it, it gets very grainy, too. So is there a way to get into the db or should I just leave in my personal collection?

Thank you!

Greets,
                Patrick

Comment

• Originally posted by patrickphs View Post
                  Hi,

recently I found some old photos from 2004-2006, one of it is the following, showing the meanwhile never existing airline Blue Wings: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3289549

I totally agree with the rejection for soft, but when I try to sharpen it, it gets very grainy, too. So is there a way to get into the db or should I just leave in my personal collection?

Thank you!

Greets,
                  Patrick
                  Hi Patrick,

It was me who screened that and I have to be honest, I didn't notice it was 2006. That said it still falls a little way below the standard of what should be expected for a 'relatively' modern shot. I'm not too sure this can be saved to be honest. To sharpen an image this soft you need a certain level of quality to be there, and I'm not quite sure it's going to be possible on this. That said we do accept images as small as 800 pixels wide, so if it's something you really want to get online then you may get acceptable results by re-editing at a slightly smaller size. I'd be inclined to say it probably won't be salvageable at a larger size though.

Paul

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Hi Paul,

Thanks, no problem. I'll try it once again at smaller size and see how it works.

Greets,
                    Patrick

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                      Can someone help with this please - these Thomson aircraft with Sunwing are becoming a pain to edit because of the hybrid scheme. Normally when I see over processed, I think of halos around the aircraft, but I don't see any with this - and the bad quality?

Thanks
                      Hi Mark,

Sorry this was missed out. As Ryan says, there are some odd textures in things like the grass but I can't quite put my finger on exactly why - it kind of looks like a very heavy crop that's had too much noise reduction but I could be wrong. It certainly isn't the kind of look I'd expect from a D200 at a fairly standard focal length though, which leads me to believe something's slightly wrong somewhere. How far did you crop into the image and what processing did you do on it?

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Paul

Cropping is around just under 1/2 of the picture - it was taken with 270mm focal length on the lens. Post processing is align the picture to the horizon, crop, levels to get the histogram, add saturation, curves to get the light, contrast correct, 3 passes of USM at 0.3, 50% and that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                          Hi Piero,

The obstructing object is indeed a part of the plane but it's extremely distracting, and the fact it's a part of the aircraft shouldn't mean it gets in the way quite this much. Could you maybe have stepped a few feet to the left and avoided having it in the frame? The subject of the image is the actual aircraft after all, not parts that have been removed from it.

The details are correct but they're for the wrong aircraft. For display teams with multiple aircraft in the frame we ask images to be uploaded as the lead aircraft so in this case it could be either 056 or 064, but not 062.

Hope that helps.
                          Point taken!
                          Many thanks

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I've a question about these two tail shots. They were both rejected about 3 or 4 weeks ago with the reason bad Composition/Framing.
                            Now I tried to correct them and would like to get some advice whether it's okay now. Unfortunately the rejected pictures are now deleted because it took some time to get the account activated.

Greets
                            Lasse

Comment

• Lasse, the first photo there is too much dead space on the left, crop it down a little and see how it is, and the 2nd is more a photo of the aft section of the plane, so no go.

Comment

• Thank You!

Is it okay now because I cut the wing. (?)

Would the other one work as a ramp shot because there lots of ramp action in the background or is the focus too much on the half aircraft?

Greets
                                Lasse

Comment

Working...
                                X