• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
    actually, it was march 7th

No actually it was March 8th local, but who really gives a s***

Comment

• Brian, LH-B744's posts have always baffled me. Not really sure what the story is there but just look at his signature and that will tell you something. Been a professional pilot 44 years as of the 12th of this month, and married to the same woman (my first and only) for 39 years.

Comment

• 39 years !!

Jesus, you don't get that for murder !

LOL.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
          39 years !!

Jesus, you don't get that for murder !

LOL.

Comment

• Next phase of search announced:

(CNN) -- Australian authorities are poised to announce the next phase of the underwater search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 this week, five months after the plane vanished without a trace.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), which is leading the search for the missing plane at the Malaysian government's request, is expected to engage a single, private contractor to search for the Boeing 777-200ER, and if successfully located, to positively identify and map the wreckage.

The operation, which the ATSB says is likely to begin in early September and will last up to a year, will include a number of underwater vehicles that will slowly scan some 60,000 square kilometers (23,000 square miles) of the southern Indian Ocean, looking for any sign of aircraft debris.

It's not yet clear exactly how the deep-sea search, which Australia has estimated will cost $56 million, will play out. While the ATSB has developed the overall search strategy, the independent contractor will be responsible for day-to-day operations in the search zone.

"We have the shape of a plan based on information we have available to us," says Martin Dolan, the ATSB's Chief Commissioner. "It's a concept we need to test out with the operation experts and come up with the detailed plan... for the conduct of the search."

Mapping the ocean floor
            Some 1,800 kilometers (1,100 miles) off the coast of Western Australia, a pair of survey ships continue their efforts to give search teams a better understanding of what lies thousands of meters below the surface in one of the most uncharted, remote places on the planet.

The Chinese Navy's Zhu Kezhen and the Australian-contracted Fugro Equator have covered roughly half of the priority search area, which the ATSB says is the most likely resting place of MH370. A Malaysian survey ship is on schedule to join them in August, and underwater mapping is expected to wrap up in September.

According to the ATSB, the data collected by survey ships is being converted into detailed topographical maps. Dolan says so far those maps show ocean depths ranging from 1,500 meters to nearly 5,000 meters (roughly one to three miles), and wide-ranging terrain that includes everything from flat, sloping surfaces, to rugged terrain like mountains, ridges, and cliffs.

David Gallo, an oceanographer and director of special projects at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, who was involved in the search for Air France Flight 447, says that a high level of detail is critical to make sure the search is carried out effectively and safely.

"You have to know where you're going or you'll end up impacting the bottom," Gallo says. "We're looking at less than a handful of tools that can work in this depth and that are available, so you really don't want to risk anything."
            Australia said Wednesday that it has has chosen a Dutch company to carry out the next phase of the underwater search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpmkam View Post
              Official information:

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999
                Are you on something ? This post makes absolutely no sense at all ! What on earth has WMKK (Kuala Lumpur) got to do with a flight that was enroute to Beijing ?

I had no issue with AJ, he had an issue with me, and that's the end of any further public discussion of that matter. I'm having a problem wondering why you have even mentioned it given that it is totally out of context and off topic to this thread.

Not sure what you mean by the human life comment. Of course we want to know what happened to the passengers but I am sure that we can expect all on board to be dead by now wherever the aircraft wound up.
                Maybe He's writing it in German and using Google translator????.

Comment

• This news from a reliable (so far) Spanish media says that 26000 euro have been withdrawn from ATMs from several accounts belonging to passengers of this flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacoperez View Post
                    This news from a reliable (so far) Spanish media says that 26000 euro have been withdrawn from ATMs from several accounts belonging to passengers of this flight.

http://www.cadenaser.com/internacion...srcsrint_6/Tes

Well - wouldn't be the first ATM withdrawal where the owner of the account is absolutely unaware that this has happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                      Well - wouldn't be the first ATM withdrawal where the owner of the account is absolutely unaware that this has happened.
                      really? after the person died in a plane crash in middle of the ocean with their wallet/purse with them? wouldn't mind seeing your sources...

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                        really? after the person died in a plane crash in middle of the ocean with their wallet/purse with them? wouldn't mind seeing your sources...
                        ATMs can be hacked without having the original ATM card in your hands. Cards can be cloned and that may very well have happened before the owner of the account boarded MH370.

Comment

ATMs can be hacked without having the original ATM card in your hands. Cards can be cloned and that may very well have happened before the owner of the account boarded MH370.
                          Yup, happened to me when my debit card was cloned in a Shell petrol station. I didn't find out until 5 days later when I tried to use the card on holiday and found that my bank had blocked the card. Happily I have good banking security ( Lloyds TSB) but some banks are not so security minded.
                          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Okay, but "26000 euro withdrawn from ATMs from several accounts belonging to passengers of this flight"????

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• According to this article, a bank employee was involved, issuing replacement card to an accomplice. All four compromised accounts were with the same bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                                Okay, but "26000 euro withdrawn from ATMs from several accounts belonging to passengers of this flight"????
                                Thanks for that s I was like crazy looking for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X