Air Canada returning to the Indian market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    If you're not 6 feet tall, don't weigh 22stone, with seriously arthritic knees then the Air Canada seat 100$ cheaper might attract but me ? ......I'll stick with paying for the most comfortable and best service option.
    PS. Anyone making "fat passenger" comments can choose between being sat on for the duration of the flight or receiving a well placed right hook.....or possibly both !
    Ok, so I have no room to make a fat passenger joke in that I am 6'3" and a few stones shy of you, so again - pot and kettle.

That said, Sir, you are more intelligent of the industry, and more knowledgable of amenities offered per carrier that the average passengers. The average coach fare passengers is concerned with, overwhelmingly, price and time. Minimizing both is seen as the paramount.

Case in point - I chose to do a fare search for 11/15/2015 with return on 11/24/2015.

AirIndia (codesharing via AC to get passenger to a European city and having passengers connect to AI for the leg to India) takes the spots for being the first 8 cheap options. $925.00 to $989.00.

Then BA, AF, KLM, with offerings of connections via their European Hubs.
    $1019.00 to $1040.00.

Then AC's non-stop.
    $1104.32

EK (A380 to DXB, 773 to DEL) - only avail. to depart 11/13/2015 and return 11/24/2015.
    $1242.12

So, all in all - competitively priced, I guess. With the difference between AC's non-stop and EK's A380 connection being $137.80. However, if I chose AI (the least expensive option), I would save $317.12.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
      Ok, so I have no room to make a fat passenger joke in that I am 6'3" and a few stones shy of you, so again - pot and kettle.

That said, Sir, you are more intelligent of the industry, and more knowledgable of amenities offered per carrier that the average passengers. The average coach fare passengers is concerned with, overwhelmingly, price and time. Minimizing both is seen as the paramount.

Case in point - I chose to do a fare search for 11/15/2015 with return on 11/24/2015.

AirIndia (codesharing via AC to get passenger to a European city and having passengers connect to AI for the leg to India) takes the spots for being the first 8 cheap options. $925.00 to $989.00.

Then BA, AF, KLM, with offerings of connections via their European Hubs.
      $1019.00 to $1040.00.

Then AC's non-stop.
      $1104.32

EK (A380 to DXB, 773 to DEL) - only avail. to depart 11/13/2015 and return 11/24/2015.
      $1242.12

So, all in all - competitively priced, I guess. With the difference between AC's non-stop and EK's A380 connection being $137.80. However, if I chose AI (the least expensive option), I would save $317.12.
      Would you really choose AI though? I haven't heard good things about them :$

The difference between all of those and Air Canada is that the Air Canada flights are direct non-stop so they can charge a little more for the convenience. I personally would do AC there and someone else back, probably BA so I can take a flight on a 744
      I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

I'm not a big fan on long haul non-stop, so I would do all the other options but try out AC just to experience another airline, who knows it might just win one over to that kind of flight, definitely a better option over PIA in the league. And connecting to AI to save a few hundred dollars will only work for extremely budget concious with family in tow which will result in a fairly decent savings.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
          I'm not a big fan on long haul non-stop, so I would do all the other options but try out AC just to experience another airline, who knows it might just win one over to that kind of flight, definitely a better option over PIA in the league. And connecting to AI to save a few hundred dollars will only work for extremely budget concious with family in tow which will result in a fairly decent savings.
          I recently found out that a lot of YYZ to India travelers take Emirates over and connect through DXB, but if people are traveling with families I bet connecting would be better so they can let their children have some running around time on the ground.
          I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by porter guy View Post
            Would you really choose AI though? I haven't heard good things about them :$

The difference between all of those and Air Canada is that the Air Canada flights are direct non-stop so they can charge a little more for the convenience. I personally would do AC there and someone else back, probably BA so I can take a flight on a 744
            I would fly on AI. I have in the past, and enjoyed them. Their 777s out to India, combined with intelligent connection strategies at DEL makes them a great carrier for my needs. That savings, for me, means more time in Dadar (shopping).

I agree with you on the routing that you suggested. Why not have the best of both worlds - and the stop on the way back is an added joy of travelling that far.

Comment

I'm not a big fan on long haul non-stop, so I would do all the other options but try out AC just to experience another airline, who knows it might just win one over to that kind of flight, definitely a better option over PIA in the league.
              Question is though - will AC be willing to serve Pakistan? I get that perhaps PIA's standards are lower than AC, given the issues with PIA - but if both carriers were competing here, what happens when you arrive to the perhaps the one city (or two cities) that AC would serve in Pakistan? Connections to other cities would still be needed on PIA, no?

And connecting to AI to save a few hundred dollars will only work for extremely budget concious with family in tow which will result in a fairly decent savings.
              So, here's something - so far, my last few trips to India have been unplanned. Sure, a wedding you can plan for (well, in my family - try to plan for at least...) but funerals, and/or accidents, and/or ill relatives (pre-funeral) kept on popping up. Alot of the times, the travel was unexpected. AI's lower fare was attractive at those times, where going to India was unplanned - but necessary. If I have to get there in a hurry - non-stop. If I didn't plan on going - AI's price is a winner.

Comment

AC had shown interest in expanding in ME region and Pakistan was mentioned in that plan, but I dont ever expect them to fly there alot has changed in the past 8 years.

PIA serve YYZ from three cities so AC would fly to one of these more than likely Karachi or Lahore, just as people travelling PIA have to take connections to other cities on PK or the other two airlines after landing in Pakistan, so would those flying AC, anyways it was just a hypothetical point that if AC were flying there I would prefer them over PKs nonstop.

Comment

Working...
                X