No announcement yet.

Non-aviation photography....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a proper photo as such, but perhaps it'll get the message going again - just what I was drinking a few moments ago:

Nothing beats fresh coffee - especially when you grind the beans and make it yourself - you know its fresh. When I get back to work, I might take a few street scene photos.

Yash: Great snake photo!

Comment

• Took this at camp last summer near Epping and Williston, ND.
      30 minute exposure looking up from our cabin to the chapel. It's one of my favorites from the whole summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by pilotgolfer View Post
        Took this at camp last summer near Epping and Williston, ND.
        30 minute exposure looking up from our cabin to the chapel. It's one of my favorites from the whole summer.

I love those shots! Excellent work mate! I am getting myself a tripod and a remote soon and will definitely try this somewhere in the nature and at the airport (like Jorgen Syversen's shot).
        Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

• Once you get a remote, the possibilities become almost endless. I got mine last spring and last summer was really the first time I got to fully try it out. I just started thinking of possible shots I wanted to get once I got it. It's just awesome.
          I also have another shot looking up towards the north star for 30 minutes, too. I'll see if I can get that one up soon.
          The remote is definitely your best friend when capturing lightning, too. That, and a bit of patience. :P
          You might be a little bit surprised at what you can do with it. Definitely a time to learn to shoot manual.

Comment

Once you get a remote, the possibilities become almost endless. I got mine last spring and last summer was really the first time I got to fully try it out. I just started thinking of possible shots I wanted to get once I got it. It's just awesome.
            I also have another shot looking up towards the north star for 30 minutes, too. I'll see if I can get that one up soon.
            The remote is definitely your best friend when capturing lightning, too. That, and a bit of patience. :P
            You might be a little bit surprised at what you can do with it. Definitely a time to learn to shoot manual.
            I know what you mean considering seeing all those shots!
            Jorgen Syversen and I chat a lot (internet ) and he really does inspire me.
            The tripod I am buying has very sturdy legs but the head is heavy, oh well, it's a 120$ tripod so not too bad. I sadly shoot Manual all the time, haven't gone to the airport since the January 5th when I did go on M and didn't get the sharpest pics (no pro of course). I will be trying Av in situations where the light changed quickly or for aviation which is the good choice. I do love Manual, it's great!

Comment

• Here's a few of mine from the Isle of Man in the last couple of years

[
              David

Comment

• Nice shot Ryan! Are those 30sec exposed multiple shots you've put together?

Comment

• David, nice shots!

So at exactly 7PM today a fire engine came to a nearby house along with a police car, we thought that it's nothing too important. Next 5 minutes 2 fire engines join the first one. Then, they kept pouring in with a total of around 6 fire engines and 5 fire vehicles.
                  I walked down there with my DSLR and snapped some shots. Thankfully the fire did not spread, all I saw were firefighters that were going into the house pouring water and investigating. I believe the fire was just something that started in the kitchen or so, I have not gotten any information but will check with the neighbors tomorrow.

Here are some photos:\

Comment

• Originally posted by yash777 View Post
                    Nice shot Ryan! Are those 30sec exposed multiple shots you've put together?
                    Straight 30 minute exposure.

Comment

Straight 30 minute exposure.
                      Isn't that bad for the sensor though. Also gives rise to colour noise, no?

Comment

Isn't that bad for the sensor though. Also gives rise to colour noise, no?
                        I wouldn't know but considering people do it on 5DMKII's and 1DsMKIV's I doubt it. Why would you burn a censor from a 3K worth DSLR? Our Rebel XS it could be different though, since it's a small beginner cam.

Comment

• Not sure abt burning the sensor since I read it on a forum a while back, but wouldn't a 30 min exposure overexpose a shot too? even if you keep a large aperture number?

Comment

Not sure abt burning the sensor since I read it on a forum a while back, but wouldn't a 30 min exposure overexpose a shot too? even if you keep a large aperture number?
                            Possibly but whe these kind of shots are done it is usually in a dark place where little light is available, so you go to Manual, ISO200-1600 (try different ones), F/4.0-8.0 and shutter to "bulb" an with the remote just click and lock for the amount of time you want it to be.
                            If you have any questions then do visit POTN
                            Cheers

Comment

• I had it f3.5 iso100 and bulb. I kept it open to get as many stars as possible.
                              And yeah, plus it is pretty dark out there with the nearest town being about ten miles away and not very bright.
                              The light that lit up the hill and the chapel keeps going out every once in a while, so it wasn't on the whole time, either. :P

Comment

• Hello people,

One photo from me....

Canon 50D + Canon 400 L USM (handheld). I think exif is intact.

Have a nice Sunday...
                                A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Comment

Working...
                                X