No announcement yet.

Official Embry-Riddle Daytona support thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have insurance, there's no way they don't.

Chris, just because it happened at another school doesn't mean anything. If you're in the cockpit with a ERAU Student later on are you not going to talk to them because they went to another school. Some of my best friends in college went to my rival high school. People have hearts and I have no doubt people would want to help. They will be your colleagues in the future.

As for your comments on the fact that they should have had infrastructure to prevent this. They do have an infrastructure, however there's nothing you can do to stop a severe storm. It's not like a hurricane that they have days to prepare for.

Also, what would happen if this was at UND? Would you have the same viewpoint? Tell me what UND plans are for when a severe thunderstorm hits with only hours advance warning. One thing many people in this world don't have is empathy, they never think of things from the other viewpoint, it's easy to sit from far away and say what you would have done.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Regardless of your feelings towards ERAU a Tornado gobbling up planes is not something you ever want to wish on someone, so you can express support even if you feel wronged by the University or you feel some sort of ungodly loyalty to your school.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        Regardless of your feelings towards ERAU a Tornado gobbling up planes is not something you ever want to wish on someone, so you can express support even if you feel wronged by the University or you feel some sort of ungodly loyalty to your school.
        As a fellow student of aviation, I know how hard it can be to simply get an airplane to go up in on a really busy day, and that's with 40 aircraft out doing paces that day. Their TOTAL fleet is now 15 useable aircraft for the time being, so just being a student there now just got a hell of alot harder.

Does Riddle have a training template?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
          They have insurance, there's no way they don't.

Chris, just because it happened at another school doesn't mean anything. If you're in the cockpit with a ERAU Student later on are you not going to talk to them because they went to another school. Some of my best friends in college went to my rival high school. People have hearts and I have no doubt people would want to help. They will be your colleagues in the future.

As for your comments on the fact that they should have had infrastructure to prevent this. They do have an infrastructure, however there's nothing you can do to stop a severe storm. It's not like a hurricane that they have days to prepare for.

Also, what would happen if this was at UND? Would you have the same viewpoint? Tell me what UND plans are for when a severe thunderstorm hits with only hours advance warning. One thing many people in this world don't have is empathy, they never think of things from the other viewpoint, it's easy to sit from far away and say what you would have done.
          All of the UND planes go in hangers, every single one of them. During the winter, not a single aircraft is left outside when operations are done. Thats what I was meaning infastructure.

Comment

They have insurance and can prolly get more for what the planes were worth. The amount of tuition they charge should cover some planes too. That school is the biggest rip off ive seen in awhile.

Comment

Can we all please keep the ERAU trashing and bickering to ourselves please? This isn't the appropriate time.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                Can we all please keep the ERAU trashing and bickering to ourselves please? This isn't the appropriate time.
                There's never an inappropriate time for trashing probably the most overrated, overpriced flight school in existence.
                Trump is an idiot!
                Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                  All of the UND planes go in hangers, every single one of them. During the winter, not a single aircraft is left outside when operations are done. Thats what I was meaning infastructure.

A sheet metal hangar offers little to no protection in a tornado. Even the aircraft that were in the hangar were heavily damaged.

The hangars at UND are not nuclear hardened nor do they have to hold a fleet the size of ERAU.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingcat
                    The hangars at UND are not nuclear hardened...
                    Strangely enough though my dorm is...

Comment

Originally posted by flyingcat
                      A sheet metal hangar offers little to no protection in a tornado. Even the aircraft that were in the hangar were heavily damaged.

The hangars at UND are not nuclear hardened nor do they have to hold a fleet the size of ERAU.

They are not made of sheet metal, most of them are concrete buildings. Secondly, I hate to break it to you, but UND has more planes then Embry, UND has the worlds largest non-military training fleet of aircraft at 120, 90-100 at the GFK campus alone.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                        They are not made of sheet metal, most of them are concrete buildings.
                        Ohhh, you mean like this building was?

Or is it more like this one?

No, it's probably closer to this one, right?

I'm not going to go all beeding heart on you as some others have, but if you think that concrete is going to be impervious to damage when an F-5 Tornado is staring you in the face, you've got another thing coming

Comment

1. None of your pictures have nothing to do with GFK let alone UND.

2. No where did i say that it was an F5, the tornado in Florida was F1 and F2

Comment

We all get what you mean Chris. Proper housing for the planes. I guess there was no time to really do much about this. I'm not completely sure how it all works when mother earth is involved. But during war or atleast during a really bad weather, some airlines fly out their aircrafts or diverts them. Since this is a school, my question is: could they have done that too ?

That's what you get when airplanes are parked outside. No chains would prevent it from tumbling and flipping into the building or on top of the plane near it...
                            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                              We all get what you mean Chris. Proper housing for the planes. I guess there was no time to really do much about this. I'm not completely sure how it all works when mother earth is involved. But during war or atleast during a really bad weather, some airlines fly out their aircrafts or diverts them. Since this is a school, my question is: could they have done that too ?

That's what you get when airplanes are parked outside. No chains would prevent it from tumbling and flipping into the building or on top of the plane near it...
                              Embry has before when a hurricane is expected to come.

Comment

Sorry, ERAU makes enough in tuition and is heavily insured. They don't need any support. I'm sorry some flight students will experience a delay in thier flight training, but if they're choosing professional aviation as a career, they'd better get used to setbacks.

They can take the delay and go out and have non-aviation related fun.
                                Anybody can fly a round airplane....

Comment

Working...
                                X