Screening Queue Too Long !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screening Queue Too Long !!

I Wonder The Screening Queue Just Reached to 21 Days !! I've been uploading to JP since 2011, But for the first time I'm seeing situation like this. Dear Screeners Any Explanation Why That ?
    Last edited by Raihan Ahmed; 2014-12-01, 05:28.

First time for everything

My Workflow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mpFOHOXJU

Comment

What answer do you exactly expect?
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
        What answer do you exactly expect?
        That improvement is just a matter of (short) time?

And, what is 21 days in a lifetime!

Comment

We are aware that the screening times have been quite slow recently, unfortunately a lot of our screeners are busy. There are discussions behind the scenes with the aim to tackle the long queue times. No one (including the screeners) want images to have a 3 week waiting time to get screened.

We currently have 1228 different photographers with images in the queue, with one photographer with 610 images alone in the queue.

We are of course open to suggestions on how to reduce the queue. Adding more new screeners will not help nor will it make an immediate impact on waiting times.

Recently I've been adding comments to recently rejected images with pointers on how to correct the images which reduces my screening time. Unfortunately I've noticed a lot of comments go unread or unheeded, so it's almost a waste of time for screeners to leave screening messages.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            We currently have 1228 different photographers with images in the queue, with one photographer with 610 images alone in the queue.
            610 images of one photographer???

Comment

610 images...holy hell

I've never, ever heard of anyone having anywhere near that number in a queue. That's off-the-charts crazy.

Comment

We had times when one photographer had ~1000 shots in the queue. 400-800 is not that rare.

Comment

Good Explanation, Mr. chips.

Best we can do is be patient. I actually like the comments, that way I can improve on my next image before uploading.

I think there should be a limit for regular members as well as elite members. If I'm correct elite members there is unlimited slots for upload?

If that's the case maybe just give a reasonable amount.

Comment

Originally posted by dj__mo View Post
                    Good Explanation, Mr. chips.

Best we can do is be patient. I actually like the comments, that way I can improve on my next image before uploading.

I think there should be a limit for regular members as well as elite members. If I'm correct elite members there is unlimited slots for upload?

If that's the case maybe just give a reasonable amount.
                    I have to agree, or at least limit daily (24hr) uploads to something around 50 or less. Or if the queue reaches a certain amount, or wait time, limit or throttle submissions until it is to an "acceptable" level.
                    Last edited by RCoulter; 2014-04-06, 21:32.

Comment

Here are my thoughts about this issue.

How about limiting the number of uploads per day for Elite members too. Make it something like 10 per day. They will still get the unlimited uploads but it will make them spread out their uploads to get everyone a fair chance of getting things screened faster.

I am a Elite member and I dont ever see a need to upload more than 5 a day but thats just me
                      Last edited by saupatel; 2014-04-06, 21:42.

Comment

Exactly! Keep unlimited but 10 a day or reasonable amount! Yes we want to cater the elite members as they are helping contributing, but also making it fair.

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel View Post
                          Here are my thoughts about this issue.

How about limiting the number of uploads per day for Elite members too. Make it something like 10 per day. They will still get the unlimited uploads but it will make them spread out their uploads to get everyone a fair chance of getting things screened faster.

I am a Elite member and I dont ever see a need to upload more than 5 a day but thats just me
                          Originally posted by dj__mo View Post
                          Exactly! Keep unlimited but 10 a day or reasonable amount! Yes we want to cater the elite members as they are helping contributing, but also making it fair.
                          Exactly, that's what I was saying in my post above if it wasn't clear.

Comment

Personally, I like the idea that reducing uploads for everyone, Elites to 100 and maybe 15 for normal uploaders. Although I'm not too big a fan of limiting the Elite members to 10 a day. Not everybody will have time (or patience) to upload 10 a day.

Personally, I'm a lazy sod and find the process of uploading images a bit boring (thankfully jetphotos.net has one of the easiest upload pages to deal with so it's not too bad), so I'd rather spend 20 minutes uploading images in one go. Typically I'd do this once a week which leads to me having 2 or 3 batches in the queue at once, with 20-30 images per batch, maximum.

As a screener, I think having a daily upload limit doesn't help to reduce the queue size which is the main aim here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chips View Post
                              Personally, I like the idea that reducing uploads for everyone, Elites to 100 and maybe 15 for normal uploaders. Although I'm not too big a fan of limiting the Elite members to 10 a day. Not everybody will have time (or patience) to upload 10 a day.

Personally, I'm a lazy sod and find the process of uploading images a bit boring (thankfully jetphotos.net has one of the easiest upload pages to deal with so it's not too bad), so I'd rather spend 20 minutes uploading images in one go. Typically I'd do this once a week which leads to me having 2 or 3 batches in the queue at once, with 20-30 images per batch, maximum.

As a screener, I think having a daily upload limit doesn't help to reduce the queue size which is the main aim here.
                              I think the 100 a day would be a good idea for elite members. Especially coming from a screener you know what is a reasonable amount.

For regular members, I know on other websites you have to earn your slots. I think this would be great for this JP for non elite members. As a new membership each person is given 20 right of the bat, which is great however can be bad at the same time. For example a new member with no experience putting up 20 cellphone shots and having all rejected. Not only they wasted their time and screeners as well. The ability to earn more slots will allow the person to learn from their mistakes and improve for next uploads.

0-1 accepted - 2 slots
                              2-10 accepted - 5 slots
                              Etc.

But of course keep it a max amount such as 20 slots or so for non elite.

Comment

Working...
                              X