No announcement yet.

Screen Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously impressive effort from members of the screening team, I can do nothing but echo the words of others, many thanks!

Comment

Lets see how long it lasts, people have started already uploading massively..

Comment

And i personally think that people will continue with uploading massively the next few days.....

Comment

Wow!! Great achievement. Props to the jp.net crew!~!!

Comment

Good news that the queue is faster.

Comment

I hope that this accelerated screening wont last long as generally, quality dips when too many pics enter the database at once. Also there are just way too many pics added at once to compete for that particular number of views so views will dip too. So I hope the usual 1000+ pics added into database per day will resume.

Comment

Originally posted by eurofighter View Post
                I hope that this accelerated screening wont last long as generally, quality dips when too many pics enter the database at once. Also there are just way too many pics added at once to compete for that particular number of views so views will dip too. So I hope the usual 1000+ pics added into database per day will resume.
                So you are more happy with a queue of 16.000 and screeners must only screen 1000 pics a day ? Because otherwise you won't get enough views ?

The screeners spare all the free time the last few days to get the queue down witch everybody is complaining off because it's so high. Now it's at an acceptable level and you start complaining because you don't get much views. Then maybe you should consider quit here and upload somewhere else.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Just saying, I agree that we should try our best to keep the queue as low as possible. And it is indeed correct to assume that as more and more photos are added faster, the quality will probably reduce.

Also, I notice there are still 2 photos uploaded from November 24, when will those be screened? Not that they're mine, but, very interesting how no screener has bothered to look at those
                  Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

Thanks to all the screeners. It is great to see the queue down to 5-7 days! A terrific Christmas present.

Comment

I don't think it will last that long, it takes a lot of effort and time to bring it down to the numbers were currently seeing.

Thanks for everyone's patience over the past few months, hopefully (although unlikely with the current amount of uploads) the queue will stay at a respectable level for a while! Well done to all the crew, great job guys and girls!!

Sam

Comment

Oh my, there have been over 2,000 uploads today...

Sam, looks like you're right, the queue is sure to re-grow quickly!
                        Remember on your hardest days, that the airplanes always take off against the wind... afterwards, the skies are all yours.

Comment

2600 up-loads on sunday.....

Comment

Just got the queue below 6000, so far we still have control over it.

Comment

Quality drops when too many pics enter the database at once? In my year and a half screening at JP I never once found that to be the case. The number of images screened has nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of the screening.

It takes a huge amount of effort on the part of the screening team to drop the queue so dramatically, they deserve thanks, not criticism!
                              Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                                It takes a huge amount of effort on the part of the screening team to drop the queue so dramatically, they deserve thanks, not criticism!
                                I think that 99,9% of JP users are sending big "thank you" from all over the World, that dropping queue was like an lightning!

Comment

Working...
                                X