What is a good monitor for photo editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good monitor for photo editing

I have a really old TN display and its hard to edit pics properly in it now. I was thinking of upgrading but wanted to check with some experts here to see what is a good monitor to buy.

I am not switching to Apple so that option is out of the window . I know they have the best screens out there.

Any inputs?

thanks
    Saurabh

Get a Mac!

Other than that, I have edited and screened photos (aviation, not aviation, for business, ...) on many, many monitors. I had to get used to all of them, but only a small number was really bad or not suitable for photo editing. The best tip I can give you is, to check a monitor by browsing your own photos, which you know very good. Do not just browse your best photos, but also rejected photos or other photos which have some flaws. Do you see the blurriness, softness, noise, ...?
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
      Get a Mac!
      When you do, you will ask yourself why did I not do this much earlier?! It has made editing easier for me, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. A. Wood View Post
        When you do, you will ask yourself why did I not do this much earlier?! It has made editing easier for me, just my opinion.
        "Once you go MAC, you don't go back" .

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel View Post
          "Once you go MAC, you don't go back" .

Ever think about somethink like this?

It's same screen as on MAC but at fraction of cost.

Comment

I am currently researching IPS technology. Its definitely better than the TN monitor I have. I just need to decide which version of IPS should I invest my money in.

I am currently leaning towards this one ...

Comment

Working...
            X