New SWA colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SWA colors

Not sure if this has been covered (my apologies if it has) but someone leaked the new paint scheme for SWA. SWA is supposed to announce the new colors this week sometime.
    Looks pretty cool
    My photos at JP.net

National Air Traffic Controllers Association

Still very colorful. What a sigh of relief!

When I first heard Southwest and Frontier' plans to change livery(Frontier current livery being my favorite of all airlines and SWA's being my 2nd), my worst fears were that they go euro white like JAL, China eastern, Iberia, etc. I'm glad they didn't(leaked pics of Frontier's new livery shows the animals are here to stay)

I will miss the Red Bellied planes of Southwest, though

Comment

Once more, perhaps it will grow on me - however, it's not bad - but not great either. The "Southwest" titles is likely to upset typographists, as few enjoy comic sans for titles.

The colors are gorgeous, however could have been arranged in a manner that made the presentation of the gorgeous 737 more apparent.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

I like the new colors. Well - I also liked the old and the old-old colors. What I think works quite well with the new livery is that you can trace its evolution back to the two older schemes... It's not a radically different approach. Nicely done, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
          Once more, perhaps it will grow on me - however, it's not bad - but not great either. The "Southwest" titles is likely to upset typographists, as few enjoy comic sans for titles.

The colors are gorgeous, however could have been arranged in a manner that made the presentation of the gorgeous 737 more apparent.
          That's not comic sans.

I think the colors, while strikingly more vibrant than our standard euro-white fare are a step down from the palette used in the previous scheme. The "Canyon Blue" shade they used previously is much more beautiful than this more standard vibrant blue they've gone with. Strange choice all in all.

Comment

It will have mode fading issues than the previous shade.

Comment

Reminds me of Sun Country's last color scheme.

Comment

Working...
              X