X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATFS crash said....

Originally Posted by brianw999
    I moderated your last rant because it was a full on political attack with no relevance to this site.
    You should moderate yourself. You're one of the many reasons this forum is so uncivilized. You make unfounded attacks, you go on insane ignorant political rants, you tell racist "jokes" (like "nigger jokes"), you think fart jokes are intellectual high art.

All your posts are aviation related and civilized (sarcasm).
    List the "unfounded" attacks please ? What you mean is that you don't like it when someone takes you on for the idiot you are. You don't mind dishing out the dirt but you can't take it.

List the "racist" jokes please ? I most certainly would not ever make any jokes based on the colour of a persons skin.

The only "fart" jokes I have ever made have been directed at myself when I have inadvertently typed the wrong thing ( as in...."oops, bit of a "finger fart" there") or when I have said something which has gone on to a different intended meaning (as in "oops, bit of a "brain fart" there.") I don't recall ever claiming such comments to be intellectual high art. It's called humour, a sense of which you don't seem to have.

I do have one very serious suggestion for you. I suggest that you retire to your probably nuclear hardened basement and don a newly manufactured tin foil hat.

In return, I will refer your activities to the other seniors of this site for action against you as they see fit. Because, if I was to ban you from this site you would probably go into paroxysms of martyred delight.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      I do have one very serious suggestion for you. I suggest that you retire to your probably nuclear hardened basement and don a newly manufactured tin foil hat.
      Actually I heard that tinfoil hats are now being manufactured by the Communists as part of a vast conspiracy to dominate the world by taking over people's brains...
      Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

ATFS: I really do not like the US president either and think he's not doing a good job with terrorism.

That being said, I think there's a few other folks in other nations who aren't doing a stellar job keeping up with their rocket launchers either.

Here's the deal- I read your posts and the one single take-away message I get is "Obama Stinks". (It will be hard, but try to separate yourself from your emotions and evaluate your posts). LeftSeat's analysis a couple posts up is pretty accurate.

Conversely, if the message is "mis-managed missiles" some of us will discuss it with you. You can cite things Obama has done wrong...you might even sneak in your opinion that he's done a bad job...but the take home message needs to be the missiles and how they were mis-managed- not a statement of how bad you think the US president is.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Rambo III & talibans.
          Irak/Iran.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash
            The threat of terrorism is real. It's a shame that this forum is so uncivilized that often when it is pointed out that politics and terrorism often has connections to aviation; that often forum members including moderators respond with unfounded attacks, irrational dishonest hateful rants and censorship. Many people can't handle the facts.
            (I'm sorry for the Gabriel-length post Brian but I just can't let this stand)

So Crash, are you one of those few among us that can you handle the facts?

I guess it helps to understand that facts are not history distorted by opinion. I also suspect, in part due to your loyalty to Fox News, that your opinion is colored by partisan politics. Here are the facts about the rise of Islamic terrorism against the US along with their partisan distinctions:

- Al Qaeda was founded as an unintended result of the proxy war fought by the CIA and later the US government against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan under Operation Cyclone, part of the Republican Reagan Doctrine and championed by Texas Republican Charlie Wilson. Conservative estimates put the US funding of the mujahideen during this time at around $600 million.

- Bin Laden's terrorist emnity shifted towards the US during the US occupation of Saudi Arabian territory by Republican George H. W. Bush in the run-up to Operation Desert Storm. The tolerance of the Saudis in allowing these 'infidels' onto 'sacred Islamic lands' inflamed radical Islamists. In retrospect, it was an act of remarkable cultural ignorance towards the region on the part of the US administration. No one was taking a long view of where this could lead.

- 1991 - Republican George H. W. Bush declares an end to hostilities in Iraq.

- 1992 - Al Qaeda conducts its first act of terrorism against a Western target in Yemen, followed by the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

- 1996 - Al Qaeda nearly succeeds in an attempt to assassinate Democratic President Clinton.

-1998 - In the wake of the bombings of US embassies in Africa, Democratic President Clinton launches the first US militarized response to Al Qaeda aggression by launching a sortie of cruise missiles into Al Qaeda bases in Afghanistan. It is essentially a symbolic warning.

- 2001 - Republican President George W. Bush fails to react to warnings about a credible Al Qaeda threat against the World Trade Centers (as documented later in the bi-partisan 9/11 Commission report).

- 2002 - Republican President George W. Bush signs the resolution granting him authority to take the country to war once again in the land that started the whole mess. Democratic State Senator Barack Obama, then a US Senate candidate, speaks out openly against this foolishness at a rally in Chicago.

- 2003 - Republican President George W. Bush takes the country to war once again in the land that started the whole mess. His poor choices for military leadership, an inadequate supply chain, a lack of coherent strategy for securing the region and remarkable cultural ignorance towards the region (see: Reagan Doctrine) result in a destabilized Iraq and a huge build-up of Al Qaeda popularity, recruitment and resources. Also, his failure to secure vast amounts of arms and munitions left behind by retreating Iraqi forces results in these assets being lost to terrorist insurgents, who then use these to fashion improvised explosive devices and wage a ten-year war of attrition against occupying US forces.

- 2006 - Iraq forms a constitutional democracy under theocratic law. Iraqi voters, in a shady election influenced by US interference, elect Nouri al-Maliki as Prime Minister.

- Maliki's unabashed favoritism for the ruling Shite faction of the country marginalize the Sunni opposition. An ongoing sectarian struggle results in mass bombings and great loss of life. Maliki's fractured Iraq is only fueling the problem of terrorism.

- 2008 - Republican President George W. Bush leaves office without resolving his war and leaving Iraq in a relative state of chaos. Iraq is a sectarian powder keg.

(At this point, a Republican-inspired terrorist group has greatly expanded its reach, its numbers, its appeal to moderates and its resources. They are well armed, well funded and able to operate in certain lands with impunity. )

- 2008 - Enter Democrat Barack Obama, mainly tasked with having to rescue an economy devasted by a lack of financial industry regulations under Republican President George W. Bush. What is he to do about this mess in Iraq? What is he to do about the resultant surge of terrorism? There are no real answers and no funding for further military adventures. He does call for a surge in troop strength to end the stalemate and achieve the short-term goals needed to get the US out of the region. He ends most US involvement in the war. Because he can't end the underlying strife that is left behind, he cannot possibly replace US troops with a reliable Iraqi army.

- 2011 - US troops are given the green light by Democrat Barack Obama to assassinate Osama Bin Laden, who is found figuratively hiding in plain sight.

- 2014 - With Maliki now in his second term, Radical Sunni militants begin a military takover of Iraq, capturing most of the Eastern regions of the country along with a bounty of US supplied weaponry including armored vehicles and helicopters in addition to millions of dollars looted from the cites they now occupy. These resources are now in then hands of an anti-Western insurgency with ties to terrorism.

Which brings us to today, when radicalized young Islamists raised under all of the previous nonsense believe it is their calling in life to commit acts of terrorism against the West, airplanes included. It is not hard to add all this up and understand it.

Now, adding up all of these facts, where Obama is placed without resources at the end of the equation, how is the relationship between aviation and terrorism Obama's fault again?

Comment

Evan,

You forgot to mention that Sadam was also a US-made monster. Well, it was a monster before US too, but the US made of him a powerful monster, as he received lot of support of all kinds (financial, weapons, intelligence, what not) for the Irak (USA) /Iran (RUS) war, during I don't remember which administration (wasn't it Republican Regan?).

It's like a USA game to make someone strong and powerful before he becomes the enemy.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Excellent reply. That is all, carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                  Now, adding up all of these facts, where Obama is placed without resources at the end of the equation, how is the relationship between aviation and terrorism Obama's fault again?
                  It's because of Obama's incredible power. He has so much power, in fact, that he was able to cause at least 5 planes to be bombed before he was even born! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ombing_attacks
                  Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                    Evan,

You forgot to mention that Sadam was also a US-made monster. Well, it was a monster before US too, but the US made of him a powerful monster, as he received lot of support of all kinds (financial, weapons, intelligence, what not) for the Irak (USA) /Iran (RUS) war, during I don't remember which administration (wasn't it Republican Regan?).

It's like a USA game to make someone strong and powerful before he becomes the enemy.
                    Yeah, we do like our puppet regimes. I didn't mention Saddam because he had nothing to do with Al Qaeda or terrorism (as Bush/Cheney wanted us to believe). He was an evil dictator who wanted nothing more than perpetuate his luxurious position. He was the enemy of radical Islamists.

Comment

aaaand now we're discussing politics again. This is why the person who injects them into an aviation safety related discussion to begin with is at fault. It steers the discussion in this direction.

Comment

I'm with left seat... I suggest that Brian lock this thread and Evan and ATFS take this to the OT forum where it belongs... Apologies for my failed attempt at a re- boot
                        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
                          aaaand now we're discussing politics again. This is why the person who injects them into an aviation safety related discussion to begin with is at fault. It steers the discussion in this direction.
                          Everything is politics. Who's in command. Who wants to be in command. It's like the cockpit gradient on steroids. To end terrorism what the world needs is a bit more CRM.

Comment

Corruption's resources management?

Comment

I agree, thread closed. Nothing more worth saying really.

Comment

Working...
                              X