Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    And he said "you seem to subscribe", not "you are subscribing".

(3WE, my hourly fee as a lawyer is $500. To prepare this defense took me 5 hours).
    ...and you fail to mention that I ended the sentence with a question mark- further supporting that I did not accuse Evan of actually subscribing- but that I had questions regarding his comments.

As soon as I get a self-addressed, stamped envelope from you, I'll tear out one of my 10 year old approach plates and send it to you as payment...

...your welcome
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by jarod View Post
      Forget about it boys and girls, that company is really weird. Two airplanes lost in less than one year. One of them is still missing and perhaps we will never know its destiny.
      What makes Malaysian weird in your mind ? One aircraft randomly shot down and one missing presumed as a result of pilot deliberate action.
      Unfortunate, Yes.
      Weird, No.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Malaysia cuts part of the search resource

Kuala Lumpur has canceled the contract for a high-tech ship full of experts searching the ocean floor for the lost aircraft. Meanwhile, a Plan B model to find debris is in the works.

Comment

• There was high confidence that the searchers were in the right place.
          The fact is that by April, a year after the Boeing 777 disappeared, with more than 70 per cent of the original area already searched, nothing had turned up.
          Again, that's plain wrong. They never ever had a high confidence that they were looking in the right place. They were just looking in the most probable 60K Km2 area, but "most probable" doesn't mean "very probable" when the full area is 1200 Km2.

There is a reason why they called it priority area, not high confidence area nor high probability area.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            Again, that's plain wrong. They never ever had a high confidence that they were looking in the right place. They were just looking in the most probable 60K Km2 area, but "most probable" doesn't mean "very probable" when the full area is 1200 Km2.

There is a reason why they called it priority area, not high confidence area nor high probability area.
            That's a good reason not to cancel 1/3 of the resources of the search operations

Comment

• Glitching without leaving trace

A team of scientists from Texas A&M, Penn State, Virginia Tech, MIT and Qatar Environment Energy Research Institute have published a research paper on possible scenarii leading to the airframe to disappear without leaving debris at sea surface

Comment

• Originally posted by flyerforfun View Post
                A team of scientists from Texas A&M, Penn State, Virginia Tech, MIT and Qatar Environment Energy Research Institute have published a research paper on possible scenarii leading to the airframe to disappear without leaving debris at sea surface

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_G...FleFFuXzA/view
                You mean what was discussed (and highly disputed, discredited and ridiculized) between posts #1827 and #1846?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

• Originally posted by flyerforfun View Post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_G...FleFFuXzA/view

It is possible that the aircraft did leave debris floating on the ocean but was never observed because it was in an area not covered by the search aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                    It is possible that the aircraft did leave debris floating on the ocean but was never observed because it was in an area not covered by the search aircraft.
                    Is it time to go back to step one and revise the flight path?

Comment

• Well - on what would such a revision be based? I think it's sensible to finish searching an area, for which there are at least hints...

Comment

• What about abscence of one single material evidence after more than one year of search in the most probable area of the crash ?

Comment

• But at least there were the satellite 'pings' that make the current search area the most probable one... Anywhere else would simply be guessing, and I don't think anyone would like to spend money on guessing...

Comment

• Just to make clear: I do not buy the North path theory neither the Maldives path.

The last incomplete handshake is interpreted as the final moments of the flight.
                            However, if I am not wrong, another incomplete handshake has occurred right after the lost of communication with KL and Vietnam ATCs. After this first incomplete handshake, the plane continued to flight and restored the next complete series of handshakes until the last one.

My question is: if the last incomplete handshake has the same technical cause of the first incomplete handshake (and not just the final moments of the flight), the plane could continue to flight beyond the 7th arc for, let’s say, one hour, and ended hundreds of kilometers south of the current search area. In other words, it is possible that MH370 went to an 8th arc?

But of course, this is just another assumption from someone who is not an expert neither knows the complete data. Anyway, we all know that it would be hard to find this needle in the haystack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
                              Just to make clear: I do not buy the North path theory neither the Maldives path.

The last incomplete handshake is interpreted as the final moments of the flight.
                              However, if I am not wrong, another incomplete handshake has occurred right after the lost of communication with KL and Vietnam ATCs. After this first incomplete handshake, the plane continued to flight and restored the next complete series of handshakes until the last one.

My question is: if the last incomplete handshake has the same technical cause of the first incomplete handshake (and not just the final moments of the flight), the plane could continue to flight beyond the 7th arc for, let’s say, one hour, and ended hundreds of kilometers south of the current search area. In other words, it is possible that MH370 went to an 8th arc?

But of course, this is just another assumption from someone who is not an expert neither knows the complete data. Anyway, we all know that it would be hard to find this needle in the haystack.
                              Although altitude and speed settings are unknowable, the last incomplete handshake more or less conforms with the fuel on board. I don't think another hour of flight was possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
                                Just to make clear: I do not buy the North path theory neither the Maldives path.

I don't remember the details, but I think that there was something in the last incomplete handshake that was an indication that the electric power was lost and restored some seconds later, which is very compatible with the airplane running out of fuel, the engines stopping producing power, the engine-driven generators going off-line, the RAT deploying, and the RAT generator going on-line.

Comment

Working...
                                X