Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aviation Magazine Typists...

Originally posted by Your typical reader

...I wish Richard Collins would shut up about his P210...

...I wish Dick Karl would shut up about his Cheyenne...

...I wish Peter Garrison would shut up about his Melmoth...

...I wish Lane Wallace would shut up about her Grumman Cheetah...

...I wish Gordon Baxter would shut up about his Mooney...

...I wish Les Abend would shut up about his 777...

...I wish V-Nav would shut up about his MD-80...

...I wish ITS would shut up about his DC-10/MD-11...

...I wish Boeing Bobby would shut up about his 747...

...I wish Gabriel would shut up about his Tommahawk...

...I wish 3BS would shut up about his 172...

I think we want our writers to fly planes and write about flying, so I'd simply ask if we aren't sometimes a bit hard on these folks for talking about their own airplanes??

And I like to hear both the pro's and the cons...(referencing a comment from Gabe regarding Dick Karl wanting a twin, not a single).

What do we want these guys to write about if it's not aviation experiences?

I guess we need to thank Flyboy et al for being the somewhat quiet guy that he is?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

...and, of course, me....for not banging on about my total 18hrs in a Piper Cherokee 140, Piper Colt and Tiger Moth.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      ...and, of course, me....for not banging on about my total 18hrs in a Piper Cherokee 140, Piper Colt and Tiger Moth.
      Ok, I did get tired of the Melmoth, and no doubt Collins talked plenty about his P210...

...but it generally doesn't bug me to hear folks to talk about the plane they fly- so if you ever wish to bore the rest of the forum with tales of the 140, you have my support.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        I think we want our writers to fly planes and write about flying, so I'd simply ask if we aren't sometimes a bit hard on these folks for talking about their own airplanes??

And I like to hear both the pro's and the cons...(referencing a comment from Gabe regarding Dick Karl wanting a twin, not a single).

What do we want these guys to write about if it's not aviation experiences?

I guess we need to thank Flyboy et al for being the somewhat quiet guy that he is?
        I don't have a problem with people writing about airplanes they fly. What I didn't like about Collins' work is that somewhere along the line he decided that his admittedly extensive experience with the P210N made him a leading expert on all other (or nearly all other) flying, and he would extrapolate his 160kt skills to all manner of situations on which he was clearly not qualified to comment.

As for Capt Abend, his articles tend to carry a very thinly-veiled tinge of self-aggrandizement, which tends to obscure his actual message (he was picked to be a check airman due to his obvious awesomeness, he avoided weather on the way to EZE because Al Rocker's got nothing on his meteorology skills etc). He is also just not a very good writer.

Comment

I remember my early days here and all the crap I got for liking Porter lol, my how things have changed.... really, it's like I need to wait a week for one person to post anything in these forums
          I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Originally posted by ATL Crew's Real Thoughts
            ...everyone's extensive experience with parlour talk on internet forums makes them leading experts on all other (or nearly all other) flying, and extrapolate their keyboard skills to all manner of situations on which they are clearly not qualified to comment...
            As one of the guilty, I appreciate your participation on this forum.

Comment

Working...
            X