Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beverly Hillbillies

Originally posted by Rick G View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned here: In the 1960's TV show The Beverly Hillbillies, the Clampetts flew to England aboard a Pan Am 707.

Various shots of Pan Am 707(s) taking off, in cruise flight, and landing during the episode. Also some funny segments inside the cabin with the Clampetts and stewardesses.

Rick G.
    Thanks Rick! I am currently working on updating the list and have added your contribution (see post #1) but I haven't added all of the updates just yet. Lots of new information . . . keep 'em coming!

Comment

Anger Management (2003) with Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson

Show LOT PA B767 Tail at JFK, in they movie they are siting down and talking

Comment

Not sure if footage re-use counts, but there is an episode of JAG which makes use of the footage shot for 'Executive Decision'. I cannot remember the title, but the plot involves militia-types trying to force a Navy pilot to shoot down an airliner carrying Yasser Arafat.

Also not sure if pop video's count, but there's a nice sequence featuring a 707 in the QANTAS 'V-Jet' markings starting at 01:20 in the video that accompanied the hit song "I'll be gone" released in 1971. At a guess the footage was shot at Tullamarine Airport shortly after the 1970 opening.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

TV show "Criminal Minds" about an FBI Behavioural Analysis Unit uses various Gulfstream models to fly to and from crime scenes. N200GA and N550GA spring to mind.
          There have been some spectacular bloopers though with external in flight model and registration changes mid flight !
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

One of the Dick Van Dyke 'Diagnosis Murder' series begins with the crash of an airliner (From memory the footage shows a 747).

Again it've been a long time since I saw it, so I cannot remember the title. But the plot involved nuclear smuggling and climaxed in the following dialog as a home made nuclear weapon is being defused

Sidekick: Pull the red wire!

Hero: But they're all black....

Comment

Some more TV shows:

The Bob Cummings Show (aka "Love That Bob") featured Bob's Beech 18 occasionally. Trivia: Bob Cummings used acting to support his flying habit. He was too old for WWII but he and his brother ran a civilian pilot training school during the war. He also held CFI (certificated flight instructor) number 1.

Tale of the Gold Monkey, a very short-lived TV show (1 season) starring Steven Collins, Jeff Mackay, Roddy McDowell, and a Grumman Goose.

I don't know if these count, but Baa Baa Black Sheep (aka "The Blacksheep Squadron") used several DC-3's/C-47's.
              The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Iron Maiden: Flight 666 -- this is the bands film on their tour. B757-200. I seem to recall an A320 in the movie as well. There's a scene where he's flying it and raving about the characteristics (like not being able to overbank it). The pilot is the singer of the band who got his commercial airline pilot license.

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same. Boeing 720 aka "The Starship". Used by Led Zeppelin on their tours in 72-73, 75. Used later by Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, Allman Brothers, Peter Frampton (last to charter it).

Comment

Here's a movie from 1963- "Come Fly With Me."

It shows some 707's. "Polar Atlantic" Airlines.

Video link: (Check out all 3 trailers. Funny stuff.)

Watch TCM is the convenient way to watch great classic films when you want, where you want uncut, commercial free... and it's absolutely free.

Rick G.
                  Last edited by Rick G; 2012-05-01, 11:12. Reason: Added video link.

Comment

"The Happy Ending" Circa 1969

Some respectable shots of United Airlines DC-8, United Airlines 727, Pan Am 707.

....watched it on TCM last week.
                    Last edited by Rick G; 2012-05-23, 04:29. Reason: Spelling error.

Comment

How about this "pre-MTV" music video of Ruby Baby by Dion that prominently features an Air France Boeing 707.

Other music videos that include airplanes--don't know if they count because they're military:

Take My Breath Away by Berlin with F-104's and other airplanes in various states of disassembly (in addition to the active aircraft footage from TOP GUN). I don't know if this was taken at the MASDC at Davis-Monthan AFB, or at one of the boneyards that Hollywood uses for airplane parts for movies.

Outbound Plane by Suzy Bogguss features numerous Grumman Albatrosses and a Convair 440 and appears to have been shot at Davis-Monthan. (I don't know which I liked more in this video--the airplanes or Suzy Bogguss...).

Shadows of the Night by Pat Benatar features several T-6 (or SNJ) aircraft.
                      The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

Found another one that I'm surprised is not on the list.

"Mercy Mission: The Rescue of Flight 771"

Features stock shots of various marks of 737 (& possibly some DC-10 footage as well.) in Air New Zealand markings (All representing the same aircraft!).

Also seen is a through the cockpit shot at 'Fiji' with Ansett & TAA tailplanes prominently visible in the backgound.

A review that covers the above points is linked below.

An instrument malfunction leaves a Cessna pilot lost in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Only the Captain of a nearby airliner can save him.

Comment

The Survivor (1980)

A few brief shots of a 747 in flight are spliced into the films opening crash sequence.

Now, does anyone know a good source (Online preferably) for fictional airliner markings?

Comment

In the Wesley Snipes vehicle Drop Zone (1994) you have a few seconds of real footage of a 747 in "PAC Atlantic Air" markings taking off followed by effects shots of the airliner in flight.

Comment

Fire and Rain (1989)...The story of Delta #191

Comment

I just managed to get a copy of The Langoliers, I don't think that the 'in flight' (nighttime) shots of that L1101 are of a model, I think it may be pioneering CGI, certainly the shots of it flying 'into the rift' are...

Comment

Working...
                                X