No announcement yet.

Airliners in the Movies and TV . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In The Terminal I seem to remember a 747 of some sorts - I think UA that the cleaner ran in front of.
    "And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension." Senna, Ayrton.

Comment

Saw the tail end of "The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer" with Cary Grant. Features a TWA Connie into which he and the leading lady(Myrna Loy) apparently get on and live happily ever after.

Comment

The Odd Angry Shot (Aussie movie) soldiers boarding a Qantas 707
        Last edited by Tucsonman; 2009-08-12, 05:17. Reason: Dr No already included
        You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Dead Heat On A Merry-Go-Round (1966)-A movie about a slick conman who plans a bank robbery at LAX. I saw this the other day, it has several scenes of TWA and UA DC-8s taking off/landing and at the gates as well.

Comment

War Games......The girlfriend rides a F-227

Son in Law.....I think a Saab 340 (or whatever the 300 number is).

Man, this is one geeky thread!
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Pearl Harbor
              This movie from early 2000s featured three aircraft from the Palm Springs Air Museum collection including a Spitfire and B-25. I forget what the other aircraft was.

Comment

Commando: Swartzy jumps from a Western DC-10-10, and there are some real nice shots of LAX grounds, as well as the terminal areas.

Get Shorty: The Bradley terminal is very well displayed here, as well as an unknown 727-100 which goes down after takeoff...

Comment

I'm forgetting the movie- Speilberg's first with Harrison Ford and Opie- about the HS graduates partying on the last night before college....there's a nice piston prop plane........I want to say American Pie- but know that's not it.......
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                    I'm forgetting the movie- Speilberg's first with Harrison Ford and Opie- about the HS graduates partying on the last night before college....there's a nice piston prop plane........I want to say American Pie- but know that's not it.......
                    Don't remember the plane either but the movie... American Graffiti.
                    -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
                    -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

The plane used in the first Harrison Ford Indiana Jones movie was a Ford Tri-motor...and not even real. the prop can still be touched today at the Flightpath Museum at KLAX. I'll try to dig up a picture of it...a very cool 1/20th scale model.

Comment

Barely known outside Argentina, but by all means add Whisky Romeo Zulu.

Lots of real airliners' footage (mostly LAPA's 737's), day and night, taking off, landing, cruising, taxiing, parked, from outside and from the cockpit.

See trailer:

This movie is about the events that led to the accident of the LAPA's B-737 registration LV-WRZ (hence the name of the movie).

The movie was produced, directed and starred by a former LAPA's B-737 captain, Enrique Piñeyro, who was forced to resign after sending a letter to his own company saying that if LAPA continued operating as they did, an accident was not only possible but unavoidable.

A lot has been speculated as how did he manage to make all these footage of real planes, inside airports, with himself in the cockpit and flying, etc.

Rumor has it that he used his contacts to make those illegally, even during revenue flights (where a friend pilot would let him and another actor seat at the controls). Piñeyro would not admit that, be he would not say how he did either.

At selected performances Piñeyro offered Q&A conferences after the movie. One of the spectators asked him "How did you manage to make those footage?". He just answered, in a mocking tone, "Nah nah nah... I won't tell you that". "Why not?" asked the spectator. "My lawyer doesn't allow me to" was the answer. I was there so nobody had to tell me this.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                          Barely known outside Argentina, but by all means add Whisky Romeo Zulu.

Lots of real airliners' footage (mostly LAPA's 737's), day and night, taking off, landing, cruising, taxiing, parked, from outside and from the cockpit.

See trailer:

This movie is about the events that led to the accident of the LAPA's B-737 registration LV-WRZ (hence the name of the movie).

The movie was produced, directed and starred by a former LAPA's B-737 captain, Enrique Piñeyro, who was forced to resign after sending a letter to his own company saying that if LAPA continued operating as they did, an accident was not only possible but unavoidable.

A lot has been speculated as how did he manage to make all these footage of real planes, inside airports, with himself in the cockpit and flying, etc.

Rumor has it that he used his contacts to make those illegally, even during revenue flights (where a friend pilot would let him and another actor seat at the controls). Piñeyro would not admit that, be he would not say how he did either.

At selected performances Piñeyro offered Q&A conferences after the movie. One of the spectators asked him "How did you manage to make those footage?". He just answered, in a mocking tone, "Nah nah nah... I won't tell you that". "Why not?" asked the spectator. "My lawyer doesn't allow me to" was the answer. I was there so nobody had to tell me this.
                          Ok, you've sold it!!! I just wish that I could find a copy of it with subtitles. Anyway, it looks amazing!

Oh, and I just heard the black-box recordings of the incident and it was simply horrific to hear the crash at the end...

And to add to your post (if I may...), Piñeyro also directed/produced another film:

Fuerza aérea sociedad anónima , which while having significantly less footage (compared caliber to footage to Whiskey Romeo Zulu), is still (from what I have heard) a decent expose of the the Argentine Air Force's control on the Argentine Airline Industry.

Yet another that I wish to see...
                          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                            Ok, you've sold it!!! I just wish that I could find a copy of it with subtitles.
                            If you mean the real thing (a full legal DVD) then it is available. Just Google it (for example http://www.cduniverse.com/images.asp...eo%2C+Zulu+DVD)

Don't download it from ilegal file share sites (where it is available with subtitles too) because it is, well, as ilegal as the footage.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - One of the scenes shows a Virgin Blue 737-800 landing at YMML (Melbourne Intl), interesting for a movie set in the US.

Comment

What about the 722 in the opening credits if the Sopranos?
                                Who's on first?..........

Comment

Working...
                                X