Google Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Airport

Mineta San Jose International Airport officials are urging the city to approve construction of an $82 million facility that would house jets flown by Google executives.

The proposed 29-acre facility would sit on the airport's west side and accommodate Google's and other clients' jets. It would be developed and managed by Signature Flight Support.

The facility would include an executive terminal, hangars, ramp space and aircraft servicing facilities.

According to a San Jose Mercury News story, Google's top three executives have at least eight jets, including a twin-aisle Boeing 767 passenger jet that is commonly used by airlines for transcontinental flights.
    Airport officials said they are recommending approval of the facility because it would help pump up the local economy and the airport.

If the facility is built, Signature Flight Support would pay the airport $2.6 million each year and $400,000 in annual fuel fees, according to a release by the airport. Additionally, the project would create 36 permanent jobs and 150 to 200 temporary construction jobs.

An additional 370 direct and indirect jobs would be created as a result of the project. The airport estimated that the facility would generate $70,000 in taxes annually in its early years and more than $300,000 on its fifth year and beyond.

Why the hell would Google execs need any jets. They've got worldwide communication at their keyboards.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

They practically have Moffet Field to themselves, don't know why they'd bother with SJC.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

if it's true that they own a 767 i'd love to hear the explanation for that. corporate jets or even a bbj are understandable. but a 76? that's getting into sheikdom shit...

Comment

They have at least one 767-200, its often at Moffet and used to do mx at SFO's superbay hangar. Google is a huge, worldwide cooperation. I don't find it surprising that they have a 767. Why does it matter when they have such deep pockets? You do know that there are VIP 777s, 747s, and even an A380 that is finishing completion, right?
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla View Post
            They have at least one 767-200, its often at Moffet and used to do mx at SFO's superbay hangar. Google is a huge, worldwide cooperation. I don't find it surprising that they have a 767. Why does it matter when they have such deep pockets? You do know that there are VIP 777s, 747s, and even an A380 that is finishing completion, right?
            yes they are huge and worldwide. but let's be honest and realistic: they are not flying parts and supplies around the world in such huge amounts that they need a 767. here us the real story. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB113107413091988208.html

and yes, i know all about the vip monsters, most if not all of which are probably owned by autocratic oil sheiks who can afford whatever because you and i are stuck buying their oil.

Comment

Working...
            X