Looking for the Accident Report for an accident in the 1950s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the Accident Report for an accident in the 1950s

I'm looking as the title states for the accident report covering a propeller runaway incident invoving a Trans Canada Air-Lines Vickers Viscount which took place in 1956. The details are covered in the Wikipedia page below, but the accident report is not linked. I have tried the NTSB with no luck, would the accident have been covered by Canadian Authorities?

Since it was a Canadian aircraft, chances are that Canada was involved in one way or another in the investigation. At the very least, they should have a report about the accident. So contacting the Canadian Aviation Safety Board might be helpful. The worst thing that can happen to you is that they tell you they don't have it or won't give it to you

Comment

Thanks,

I just searched the CASB website and their accident listing does not go back earlier than 1990.

I would have expected the Americans to have a report, as the plane was flying over American territory at the time it happened.

Would the records have been kept by the NTSBs predecessor agency, whatever that was?

Comment

For an accident that long ago, they may not have an electronic version of the report. Consider writing an email to both the NTSB and the Canadian Aviation Safety Board to ask if and how you can obtain a copy.
        Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
          For an accident that long ago, they may not have an electronic version of the report. Consider writing an email to both the NTSB and the Canadian Aviation Safety Board to ask if and how you can obtain a copy.
          Good luck
          I think I got lucky. I finally managed to run down the 11 page final report at the US Department of Transport website.

Comment

Working...
          X