Airplane Crash over Tripoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane Crash over Tripoli

Just heard it on the German News. Plane Crash during approach to Tripoli... 105 people expected to be dead No forther information available at the moment.

Airplane from JNB, probably Afriqiyah Airways according to some news websites... Airbus 330-200?

The flight, 8U-771, was inbound from Johannesburg, South Africa. The plane was delivered in 2009.
    This the page from airline's website.

Comment

Some news station report one child age 8 survived... Hope there are more survivors!

Comment

According to ZK-OKH's reply, I can almost be sure that it's an A330-202. They took delivery of 4 a/cs in 2009, 3 of them are A332s, and the rest is an A319.

Comment

Originally posted by eamond View Post
          I can almost be sure that it's an A330-202. They took delivery of 4 a/cs in 2009, 3 of them are A332s, and the rest is an A319.
          The News say it is an A330-200.

Comment

An Italian website news reports that according an airport source the plane exploded during the approach.

Comment

They have 3 A330-200's
              5A-ONF
              5A-ONG

5A-ONH

Comment

Could this be SECOND Airbus 330 mystically exploding mid-air within a year...

Comment

Ash cloud?

Comment

Adnkronos reports that the plane, should be 5A-ONG, exploded right 1 meter above the runway! Is this possible?? A terror attack?

Originally posted by pbateson View Post
                    Ash cloud?
                    For what I know the ash is not arrive there yet, anyway I guess that problems linked with ash cloud are not going to put in troubles plane during the approach but a higher altitude.

Comment

Originally posted by ZK-OKH View Post
                      Adnkronos reports that the plane, should be 5A-ONG, exploded right 1 meter above the runway! Is this possible?? A terror attack?
                      Apparently quite a few go-arounds prior to the crash due to visibility.

HLLT 120820Z 26008KT 230V290 5000 HZ FEW006 BKN100 23/17 Q1010
                      HLLT 120750Z VRB03KT 5000 HZ FEW006 BKN100 22/17 Q1009
                      HLLT 120720Z VRB02KT 3000 BR FEW006 BKN100 22/18 Q1009
                      HLLT 120650Z VRB02KT 3000 BR FEW006 BKN100 21/18 Q1009
                      HLLT 120630Z 19004KT 090V240 3000 BR BKN003 21/18 Q1009

Comment

One survivor

Another news report confirming one survivor http://news.iafrica.com/worldnews/2409801.htm

Comment

Here some shots:

With the black boxes that are already recovered, I think, there are quite a large number of eye witnesses since there was an Alitalia plane at the holding point waiting for the A330 landing to get their clearence. The 2 pilots have seen eveything live and according to what I know they are shocked, of course.

Comment

Tragic news ...

A brand new airbus A330 crashing after not even a year of it's delivery date...
                            We're gonna start asking questions about this plane's safety (after the AF disaster)
                            Anyways it's not a new "Air france like" story, we're not going to look for a "shoe in an ocean", answers will come fast this time

Comment

Originally posted by TUNISAIR745 View Post
                              Tragic news ...

Anyways it's not a new "Air france like" story, we're not going to look for a "shoe in an ocean", answers will come fast this time
                              I agree

Comment

Working...
                              X