Foreground clutter reject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreground clutter reject

I had this photo rejected for foreground clutter. When I appealed, I was told to ask questions in the forum. So here is my question. Why is this a reject while several others with similar or more objects in the foreground are OK?

I can start giving examples of accepted images but I know the admins don't really like that.

Of the two examples you gave in your appeal.....

....One was a ramp shot where different rules apply...

...and the other is a similar image but with a frontal view from a much higher angle of view looking down more vertically. The jetway is not as intrusive in this shot.
    CC-BBB. Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
    Last edited by brianw999; 2013-11-24, 18:26.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

So if i updated the rejected shot as a ramp shot it would have been ok?

Also based on your explanation would this be ok?
      Last edited by saupatel; 2013-11-24, 20:06.

Comment

No, a ramp shot means a scene where there is no specific individual aircraft showing as the main subject.

I would accept the example Air New Zealand example you give. If you upload it leave a note to the screeners.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Brian. I don't have many of these ramp/jetway shots so I will just add them to the pre-screening thread before uploading.

I will upload the ANZ one with a note saying you looked at it and OK'd it.

Comment

Just be aware that me saying yes doesn't automatically mean it will be accepted. If someone else screens it they might see it differently.

Comment

If its rejected for other flaws then I can deal with it.

My main issue is that I don't want the Jetway position to be based on individual screener's preference. Those kind of things should have a clear definition to it as to what is acceptable and what is not.

Comment

Working...
              X