Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No disrespect meant, but...

... isn't this pic manipulated?

Salute to my friends in Amsterdam!. PH-BQA. Boeing 777-206(ER). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I must say, this photo is perfect, outstanding, and all my appreciation to the photographer.

But isn't it a little overprocessed in a way that it is more of an artistic picture than a 'real' picture? No plane looks like this in the real world.

Again, no disrespect meant!

Cheers,

Hinkelbein

Short answer: Yes, but more over processed, not manipulated. (it has been noticed within the crew and has been discussed)

Comment

Thanks, Seahawk.

Can you point out why this picture was eventually admitted to the database?
      Or: where lies the border between overprocessing and manipulating?

Comment

And, my second question: since I am rather impressed by the picture, what methods/filters did the photographer possibly apply? I have some pics of my own with which I would like to do the same.

Comment

It looks like HDR, but not with two (or more) different shots, but the same shot developed twice (or thrice). If so, there are tutorials on the net how to do this...
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=21893

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
            And, my second question: since I am rather impressed by the picture, what methods/filters did the photographer possibly apply? I have some pics of my own with which I would like to do the same.
            I'm thinking a combination between careful use of shadows/highlights and clarity. It was accepted because the screeners thought that the overall motive and composition did warrant an addition to the db and that the processing was not too obvious. Others thought it was obvious. However I can assure you that many, many more processed in a similar way have been rejected.
            Last edited by seahawk; 2013-05-16, 18:54.
            [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

A tone mapping tool was used.

Comment

I was asking the same myself when I saw this picture. Thanks for clarification! I like it too

Comment

Wish i had his editing skills. The photo looks awesome.

Comment

Get the right plug-in and it only a matter of moving sliders to adjust filter settings...

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                      ....only a matter of moving sliders to adjust filter settings...
                      that's usually when I start fuckin'up things...

Comment

Originally posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
                        I'm thinking a combination between careful use of shadows/highlights and clarity. It was accepted because the screeners thought that the overall motive and composition did warrant an addition to the db and that the processing was not too obvious. Others thought it was obvious. However I can assure you that many, many more processed in a similar way have been rejected.
                        Its a superb shot followed by great post processing which shows what can be achieved these days. Technically its a back lit shot which in itself is/was grounds for rejection but its so good to see that it was in fact accepted even though it does not have a perfectly natural look.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                          Short answer: Yes, but more over processed, not manipulated. (it has been noticed within the crew and has been discussed)
                          Is it accepted now to throw over processed pictures in the queue.
                          Just wondering if I have a look at the current PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
                            And, my second question: since I am rather impressed by the picture, what methods/filters did the photographer possibly apply?
                            As I have one lesson from Angelo with postprocessing and even recieved unflatted PSD from him, I can guess that Nik Software plugins (Color Efex in this case) was used.

Comment

In my personal opinion is that colour efex tool makes the photos look flat and lifeless.
                              Regards,
                              Darryl

Comment

Working...
                              X