Screen Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    Those people who use other photographers accepted work to illustrate their anger at getting a rejection also do themselves no favours. It is not acceptable. We are discussing your rejected image in an appeal and yours alone. Decisions will not change because someone else's image slipped through the screening process.
    Same old story...
    You get stopped for speeding on the highway. As the policeman is giving you a ticket do your really believe it would improve your case if you say "Hey but I've seen other people speeding too !!!" Seriously ?

Comment

If the quality of screening had decreased then I would have expected the number of appeals to increase but this didn't happen.
      I have generally abandoned the appeals process because 90% of time I get poor responses (some as blunt and simple as "No") and practically no constructive criticism (only once there was a clear and helpful suggestion on how to improve the photo).

But as you say this may not be the place for suggestions on how to improve the photo. I agree.

Believe me, now that I think my photo managment has improved, I appeal when I am 99% sure I am right and there might have been a slip in the screening process. I don't appeal when I know I am 100% wrong, so I don't clog up the process. Nonetheless the reponses when I appeal are more often than not blunt and the appeal fails.

That may be why the appeals statistics are flat.

Comment

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
        I have generally abandoned the appeals process because 90% of time I get poor responses (some as blunt and simple as "No") and practically no constructive criticism (only once there was a clear and helpful suggestion on how to improve the photo).

But as you say this may not be the place for suggestions on how to improve the photo. I agree.

Believe me, now that I think my photo managment has improved, I appeal when I am 99% sure I am right and there might have been a slip in the screening process. I don't appeal when I know I am 100% wrong, so I don't clog up the process. Nonetheless the reponses when I appeal are more often than not blunt and the appeal fails.

That may be why the appeals statistics are flat.
        Whilst the odd time, constructive criticism can be offered by the screener dealing with the appeal, often it is not required. If an appeal is rejected with no comment, it means the original appeal reason stands. The forums are the best place to receive any sort of feedback on your images, both before uploading and after being rejected.

Unfortunately the appeal screeners also have to deal with a lot of blunt comments themselves from uploaders, it's not a job I'd envy

On a side note, the screeners have done a top job this weekend dealing with the queue. It was interesting to see the number of uploads double during this time to 2000+ daily over the weekend. The only way we can maintain a low queue number is if the number of uploads remain the same, which sadly it never does after a queue dive.

Dave

Comment

Don't know what the other folks are bitching about but it's been years since the queue has been like this! Great work guys!

Comment

Alberto, I checked your 18 recent rejections. You appealed three of those and all three were answered with a helpful response of how to improve your picture.

Roel.

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel View Post
              You appealed three of those and all three were answered with a helpful response of how to improve your picture.

Roel.
              Quite true the last 3 were "helpful"... but I can check past appeal responses and they did not meet the current standards.

I don't expect a flowery explanation, but blank or "no" are not very nice. Its demoralizing considering the effort many of us go through to get nice aviation photos. We don't all have an airport in the backyard and need to travel many miles. If it all goes down the drain... well... you know.

Comment

Quite true the last 3 were "helpful"... but I can check past appeal responses and they did not meet the current standards.

I don't expect a flowery explanation, but blank or "no" are not very nice. Its demoralizing considering the effort many of us go through to get nice aviation photos. We don't all have an airport in the backyard and need to travel many miles. If it all goes down the drain... well... you know.
                You'd be surprised at how many people actually ignore the advice screeners give them and still appeal. Now that is demoralizing.

Comment

Off course I understand Alberto. And for some there is also a cost issue which makes rejected pictures even more frustrating. You've got 350+ images on this site. I think you are doing alright.

For anyone who is reading this thread: Appealing a picture should only be done when you think something went very wrong in the screening process.

When you appeal a picture, it will be re-screened by one of our most senior screeners and they will decide if you or the previous screeners are right. Don't always expect an elaborate answer. If the original rejection reason still stands, you will probably get no further explanation.

Therefor it is often better to post a rejection you do not agree with in the forums first and have other photogs and crew comment on it. After that and if you still feel you are right, you can always appeal it.

A free tip: In your appeal use words your mama would approve.

Roel.

Comment

In addition to all mentioned above, if a screener writes you a personal remark and then you appeal asking the same again, followed by 3 question marks, I would say, the senior screener was very patient with you, when he politely answered again, don't you think?

As mentioned above, if you ask politely if you think, something went wrong, you will most likely get a reply. Questions about how to improve the photo should be posted here. Then it should work well for all.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas to all across the world! I just uploaded a couple of images and the queue was less than 1700. The screeners were actually processing today's images. Another couple I had accepted were in the queue less than 2 days. I know that winter time is slower but I have never seen this. Outstanding job to the screeners for the time they donate to this site.
                      Last edited by Richard M. A. Wood; 2012-12-22, 20:50. Reason: typo error

Comment

We were trying a few hrs ago to get the que under 1000, however over 2000 uploads in less than 24hrs so far.

Comment

Kudos to all you guys for a job well done. Now under 1000 is unbelievable. The pace at which you've kept this rate of screening up is mind-boggling. And during the holiday season to boot when I'm sure all the crew could easily be spending their time elsewhere.

Comment

Queue currently just over 500.......that's right, five HUNDRED !!

THAT is simply astonishing. Well done everyone.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

When I first signed up here several years ago the queue would hover around 5000-6000, and I thought that was more than acceptable.

It's currently just over 300.

Comment

About 10-15 minutes and queue will be 0... Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X