No announcement yet.

Screen Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't drop the prescreening thread. It's causing more problems than it's worth.
    We can give you a general idea in prescreening but we don't have the screeners tools available to us in that forum. Prescreening is there for the occasional image that you are not sure of, not every single one that you intend to upload.

It's been said before and I'll say it again......a positive comment in prescreening does not guarantee acceptance.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't drop the prescreening thread. It's causing more problems than it's worth.
      We can give you a general idea in prescreening but we don't have the screeners tools available to us in that forum. Prescreening is there for the occasional image that you are not sure of, not every single one that you intend to upload.

It's been said before and I'll say it again......a positive comment in prescreening does not guarantee acceptance.
      My apolgies then Brian, i thought the pre-screening was a way of seeing if your picture would be accepted without clogging up the queue, now i know thats not the case i will not use it in that manner again.

Comment

16000 in the queue.

What
        A
        Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by MEL34 View Post
          16000 in the queue.

What
          A
          Joke.

Thanks for your support and understanding....not !

I'm off on holiday now. Despite having recently been hospitalised with a stroke that had the potential to kill me I was going to take my laptop and do some screening. Note the use of the word "Was".

Past tense. Not any more.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
            Thanks for your support and understanding....not !

I'm off on holiday now. Despite having recently been hospitalised with a stroke that had the potential to kill me I was going to take my laptop and do some screening. Note the use of the word "Was".

Past tense. Not any more.
            Be healthy and feel good, dear Brian!

Comment

16000 in the queue.

What
              A
              Joke.

Neither motivational nor encouraging......thanks for that!

Comment

There is always one...

Brian - enjoy your vacation - it sounds like you do need it!! Hope you are well recovered or at least on the way to that.

Regardless of the queue length - remember Lukas - the screeners do this voluntarily in their own time - the majority of people here are respectful of that - we are prepared to wait the time it takes to get our pictures screened.

Comment

Lukas - I think you should look closer to home for the 'joke'...

The screeners screen in their own time - to see comments like yours is so highly demotivating and infuriating. You really ought to engage brain before making a posting like that.

Someone much wiser than me once said that patience is a virtue - maybe you should remember that.

Brian - sorry to hear you've been through the wars - best wishes for a speedy recovery and restful break.

Comment

Brian, your time is appreciated and I hope you get well soon. Enjoy your holiday!

I understand that screeners utilize their own free time, which is fantastic. I understand that there are 3000 off members on here. Why not ask for more volunteers?

I know I am not the only person with queue frustration, considering its been like that for 6 months now. I know countless high quality uploaders that dont even bother anymore because its just plain ridiculous. So we are losing quality.

Comment

16000 in the queue.

What
                      A
                      Joke.

Quit being an idiot. You can always upload to A.net if you don't like it here.

Brian, rest and get better.

Comment

Take care Brian! Get well soon! Best Regards from Geneva!

Comment

I understand that screeners utilize their own free time, which is fantastic. I understand that there are 3000 off members on here. Why not ask for more volunteers?
                          People already moan about consistency. Do you think the consistency will improve by adding 5-10 screeners? Other screeners have also been ill and as always some have been on holiday.

I know I am not the only person with queue frustration, considering its been like that for 6 months now. I know countless high quality uploaders that dont even bother anymore because its just plain ridiculous. So we are losing quality.
                          Nearly as ridiculous as grown men and women getting upset over a website.

Let's be honest, no matter what we do it's never going to be good enough for a minority. You can't please everyone, that's part of life.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Brian, hope you get better soon!! Take care.

While the very long queue & screening time is frustrating, it’s not something that I take personally as it’s a hobby after all. I’m very much aware of the sacrifices being made by the screeners & appreciate the fact that the team is doing the best they can.

Comment

Originally posted by RingwaySam View Post
                              People already moan about consistency. Do you think the consistency will improve by adding 5-10 screeners? Other screeners have also been ill and as always some have been on holiday.

Suddenly adding 5-10 screeners will not work for the reasons you mentioned. Perhaps resources should be devoted to recruiting through an exhaustive search & training 1 new screener first, as even 1 new-hire would do a lot to speed up the process.

Comment

16000 in the queue.

What
                                A
                                Joke.

You may think such a huge queue is a joke and you're entitled to that opinion, just as I'm entitled to the opinion that an attitude such as yours is utterly appalling when people volunteer their free time to keep this site moving (at whatever pace that may be).
                                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X