Sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpening

While Sharpening in PS CS6, The Photo Looks Enough Sharp. But After Resizing and Saving,In My Photo-Viewer(Picasa) The Photo Looks Soft. Should I sharpen first or resize first ?

Resize first, and then sharpen. Alternatively, you can apply a small bit of sharpening at full resolution, resize, and then add a small bit more sharpening.

If the image looks fine on CS6, then the issue probably lies with your image viewer. Make sure you are looking at the full size of the image on Picasa. Sometimes photo viewers can reduce the size of the image to help it fit the screen, which gives it a soft appearance until you view the image at it's correct size.

Comment

1. do all editing in CS6

2. sharpen - resize - sharpen a little more or resize and then sharpen both ways work.

Comment

Thanks Dave and Stefan

Comment

I use CS6, and here is my method for sharpening photos. Please feel free to see my stuff at: http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=56809

1) Sharpening is the second to last thing that I do on a photo after I size the image and make small adjustments to the exposure.
          2.) Duplicate the layer.
          3.) Go to FILTER/OTHER/HIGH PASS.
          4.) The screen will turn grey. Put 0.3 in the radius.
          5.) Change the blending mode from normal to 'linear light' and turn the opacity down to 50%. You may need to increase that percentage based on your equipment.
          6.) Add a layer mask
          7.) With your black brush in the layer mask, paint away any jaggies you see. Press the \ key and it will display where you painted in red.
          8.) Flatten image and you're done.
          Click below to See My Photos On:

Comment

Originally posted by Raihan Ahmed View Post
            While Sharpening in PS CS6, The Photo Looks Enough Sharp. But After Resizing and Saving,In My Photo-Viewer(Picasa) The Photo Looks Soft. Should I sharpen first or resize first ?
            Raihan

The problem may be that Picasa is compressing your photos and you are losing image quality in the process. Check the file size for the file as saved after you are done post-processing in PS CS6, and then compare that to the file size if you download the image from Picasa. I have heard of complaints with Picasa where the file size there was less than half of what was uploaded, so that would mean a significant reduction in image quality.

According to Picasa they don't compress photos unless you edit them within Picasa, but from what I have heard if you even label or tag the photo in Picasa it will be seriously compressed as the new version is stored. If you are re-sizing within Picasa that would almost assure compression. So I think the difference you are seeing has more to do with Picasa itself than with your sharpening sequence in PS CS6. I would suggest using either Flickr or Image Shack instead of Picasa as a photo sharing site.

Comment

Working...
            X