Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon unlevel

Dear friends,
    This one was rejected for "Horizon unlevel".
    I sent an appeal, even the appeal was rejected without any explanation or suggestion for repair.
    If I have a mistake I apologize here in advance !
    But I think you have an optical illusion.
    One can clearly see the verticals on the buildings on the left side of the image.
    Also one can see the little lamp on the connection between the wing and the winglet.
    Also see the small poles in the left side.
    All of these elements seems to me as verticals for sure.
    But as in the begining of this post: If I have a mistake I apologize here in advance !
    Best regards,
    Erez.

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
    Dear friends,
    This one was rejected for "Horizon unlevel".
    I sent an appeal, even the appeal was rejected without any explanation or suggestion for repair.
    If I have a mistake I apologize here in advance !
    But I think you have an optical illusion.
    One can clearly see the verticals on the buildings on the left side of the image.
    Also one can see the little lamp on the connection between the wing and the winglet.
    Also see the small poles in the left side.
    All of these elements seems to me as verticals for sure.
    But as in the begining of this post: If I have a mistake I apologize here in advance !
    Best regards,
    Erez.

With all due respect. if you don't consider this as unlevel there is something wrong in your judgement. Verticals doesn't make a horizon level. The most important thing is when you have a clear horizon that it's horizontal level.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Its indeed unlevel. All the building leaning to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
        With all due respect. if you don't consider this as unlevel there is something wrong in your judgement. Verticals doesn't make a horizon level. The most important thing is when you have a clear horizon that it's horizontal level.
        Dear Erwin,
        With all due respect, and I have a lot of respect to all of you, Yes I see what you mean, absolutely yes.
        But when I edit my photos I edit according to the guidelines and recommendations that the staff gave me in the past, also according to recommendations to other photographers.
        Ever, over the years, I read at the forum, so that I also learned, to making the leveling by the verticals in the background. Therefore, I agree that there is a problem.
        I do not blame anyone about my problems. I guess that I do not understand the issue.
        Maybe I did not understand correctly the recommendations in the past. Therefore I apologized in advance if it's my mistake.
        So, for now, would you please guide me kindly how to correct the mistake in this picture, and what do I do in the future to avoid such mistakes?
        By the way, if you will guide me to rotate the picture counterclockwise, please take into your mind that many of the leveled elements (for now) on the picture will be un-leveled after the correction...
        Then can come another staff member and claim that it is not leveled because of the verticals, as it's happened sometimes in the past...
        Thanks in advance,
        Erez.

Comment

Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post
          Its indeed unlevel. All the building leaning to the right.
          Sir, Are you still sure about the buildings?
          Here it's cropped (only) with large resolution.

Comment

Erez,
            She is now rotated 2 degress CCW. And as you can see the horizon is level.
            verticals are there to help you when there is no clear horizon visible, like mountains etc.

“The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
              Erez,
              She is now rotated 2 degress CCW. And as you can see the horizon is level.
              verticals are there to help you when there is no clear horizon visible, like mountains etc.
              OK thank you.
              I'll fix it according to your recommendation and I will add a note with link to this discussion.

All the best,
              Erez.

Comment

Working...
              X