N345MC Learjet crashed in Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N345MC Learjet crashed in Mexico

A learjet just crashed in Mexico, with the singer Jenni Rivera aboard. Number of fatalities, unknown.
    Aircraft Model: Lear 25
    Tail number : N345MC
    A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
    A learjet just crashed in Mexico, with the singer Jenni Rivera aboard. Number of fatalities, unknown.
    Aircraft Model: Lear 25
    Tail number : N345MC
    Early reports are 11 souls. Two up front and nine the back?

Comment

This same aircraft had an accident in 2005:

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
        Early reports are 11 souls. Two up front and nine the back?
        a mechanic took this picture before the take off, I can see 5 pax, including the singer. (I can see the shoulder of another pax at the left side of the picture)

Comment

Poignant, that image.

Comment

Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
            a mechanic took this picture before the take off, I can see 5 pax, including the singer. (I can see the shoulder of another pax at the left side of the picture)
            Yeah I thought that airplane was too small to carry 11 total. Looks like 7 from latest reports. This looks a little like the Reba McIntire band disaster in San Diego a few years back.

Comment

I honestly can't think of anything that would make the airplane "fall off the sky" at climb and hit the ground so hard the debris is spread on a 350m radius.

At the time they lost contact the Learjet should have been at what say 150fl or 170fl?

I'm quite puzzled.
              AD.com apocalypse survivor. 727 Fan.

Comment

Latina singers dying in plane crashes is not new. (smells fish )

Comment

The PIC was 78 years old........
                  Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Kpeters View Post
                    At the time they lost contact the Learjet should have been at what say 150fl or 170fl?

I'm quite puzzled.
                    Double that. Apparently there was a rapid descent from FL350 to FL900 before disappearing from radar.

Source: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...ame-for-crash/
                    Yet another AD.com convert!

Comment

Very very odd.

I can only speculate structural damage or complete loss of control. But why? Consequence of it's previous accident maybe? Or loss of balance again on the fuel sys?

I guess we'll never know I highly doubt it had a black box on it but nonetheless it's not usual for an aircraft to "drop" from 350 to 090 out of the blue.

Comment

So the referenced article says it was at FL350 10 minutes after departure? Is that realistic for what appears to be a fully loaded 25?

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
                          So the referenced article says it was at FL350 10 minutes after departure? Is that realistic for what appears to be a fully loaded 25?
                          I guessed it was about FL150 but I'm no Learjet pilot....It does sound a bit high.

Maybe that was the filed cruise alt?

Comment

This is the Wikipedia rate of climb for the 25. It doesn't say at what weight and loading levels, or rate from 0msl to FL350, but to me the number is astounding.

Rate of climb: 6,050 ft/min (30.7 m/s)

So let's say it's slightly more than half that average as it climbs for this aircraft as it was loaded from departure altitude to FL350. Apparently that is conceivable in 10 minutes.

Comment

Wow that's amazing for an aircraft it's age so FL350 isn't so far fetched on that time frame.

Comment

Working...
                              X