Rossiya stops using An-148's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossiya stops using An-148's

LED based Rossiya, the biggest operator of the AN-148, has grounded the fleet.

I believe Rossiya were recently taken over by Aeroflot. When Vladavia were take over by Aeroflot their TU-204's were quickly grounded.

Not sure what is going on here, there are a number of possible issues;

1) Spares are hard to get because of Ukraine conflict
    2) Spares are too expensive
    3) Political decision not to use Ukraine designed Aircraft
    4) Inefficiency of the Aircraft
    5) Pressure by Skyteam not to use Russian made Aircraft (I am sure I read somewhere that Skyteam told Aeroflot that all Skyteam flights must be operated by Western Aircraft - obviously an exception has been made for the Superjet).

If anyone knows more please share.

Whatever the reason, it's sad to see this beautiful A/C dying. I caught one from SVO to LED once and they were running late. The crew tried so hard to make up time I seriously thought they were going to take off from the Taxi Way! When we got Airborne it was a smooth, quick flight and the Cabin had heaps of Leg Room (admittedly we were in the Baulk Row

Originally posted by tsv View Post
    LED based Rossiya, the biggest operator of the AN-148, has grounded the fleet.

I believe Rossiya were recently taken over by Aeroflot. When Vladavia were take over by Aeroflot their TU-204's were quickly grounded.

Not sure what is going on here, there are a number of possible issues;

1) Spares are hard to get because of Ukraine conflict
    2) Spares are too expensive
    3) Political decision not to use Ukraine designed Aircraft
    4) Inefficiency of the Aircraft
    5) Pressure by Skyteam not to use Russian made Aircraft (I am sure I read somewhere that Skyteam told Aeroflot that all Skyteam flights must be operated by Western Aircraft - obviously an exception has been made for the Superjet).

If anyone knows more please share.

Whatever the reason, it's sad to see this beautiful A/C dying. I caught one from SVO to LED once and they were running late. The crew tried so hard to make up time I seriously thought they were going to take off from the Taxi Way! When we got Airborne it was a smooth, quick flight and the Cabin had heaps of Leg Room (admittedly we were in the Baulk Row
    Despite the Russian operators having a hard time getting parts, Cubana currently operates 5 aircraft, and is set to receive a 6th. Perhaps if the price is right, they can pick up the 6 from Rossiya for cheap. Parts might be easier to come by if they are headed to Cuba (unless they factories have been disrupted or destroyed due to the ongoing conflict). You'll have to head down to sunny Havana for a few spotting trips...
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
    X