Emirates rumored new destinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    Don't QANTAS and Emirates codeshare though ?
    I think they do now. But Emirates' logic behind that is pushing Qantas off the long-haul routes completely. If you ask me, Qantas signed a deal with the devil when they dumped BA for Emirates. If I remember correctly, these days the only European airport that gets Qantas' own metal is Heathrow.
    My prognosis: within 5 years, JetStar is the only remnant of Qantas and they will be limited to regional and East Asian routes.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      I think they do now. But Emirates' logic behind that is pushing Qantas off the long-haul routes completely. If you ask me, Qantas signed a deal with the devil when they dumped BA for Emirates. If I remember correctly, these days the only European airport that gets Qantas' own metal is Heathrow.
      My prognosis: within 5 years, JetStar is the only remnant of Qantas and they will be limited to regional and East Asian routes.
      What was the logic behind the deal, anyway? I never fully understood why they chose a partnership with EK.

As for a new EK destination, I was expecting MIA for sure. Qatar (I guess, as it is a OneWorld hub) will be at MIA in a few months. Would it be worth it for EK?
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Somehow I doubt those flying between DFW and Australia (in particular Sydney) will want to trek all the way to DXB on one super-longhaul, then after a long connection time take another super-longhaul to DFW just because it's EK. Especially when you can go nonstop to DFW? I don't think EK's new service poses that much of a threat to QF's DFW service.

Comment

I just recently flew with EK London - Dubai ....... Dubai - Colombo and return two weeks later. A380 on the London sector and B773 on the Colombo sector. Turn around times were approximately 2 hrs and 1hr15 respectively which I didn't find excessive. I like to break up a long haul flight anyway as 10 to 12 hrs in economy is too much for me and I like a short rest to stretch my arthritic old legs. If I'm faced with no choice but to fly for that amount of time then I save up the pennies and travel either premium economy or business class depending on the airline.
          The EK service was nothing short of superb. On time flights, excellent cabin service and food and a stupendous selection of in-flight entertainment. The best economy travel that I ever experienced. The other Arab airline that I've flown was Etihad business class London-Abu Dhabi ......Abu Dhabi - Bangkok. Again, superb flights and service.
          My wife and I have the benefit of an "Airport Angel" lounge access card courtesy of her bank account. Access is free for her and £15 per visit for me with access to over 600 lounges world wide so travelling is further eased if we should have a longer transit time.
          To summarise ? Travelling eastwards from the UK and Emirates/Etihad and maybe Qatar will get my business every time. Travelling across the pond to the US and beyond ? Virgin Atlantic premium or Thomson premium (bet that last one surprised you !) I avoid BA if I can. Tired aircraft, tired crews, expensive, they charge for prebooked seats and poor cabin service. Last time I used their premium economy service the only difference to economy was the 37" legroom. Everything else was at economy service level.

easyJet and Ryanair ? NEVER in a million years. If they are the only way to get somewhere ...... Then I 'ain't going !
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Now rumored to be:

Atlanta
            Beijing

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
              Now rumored to be:

Atlanta
              Beijing
              They have been in Beijing for quite some time already:

A6-EEA. Airbus A380-861. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                I just recently flew with EK London - Dubai ....... Dubai - Colombo and return two weeks later. A380 on the London sector and B773 on the Colombo sector. Turn around times were approximately 2 hrs and 1hr15 respectively which I didn't find excessive. I like to break up a long haul flight anyway as 10 to 12 hrs in economy is too much for me and I like a short rest to stretch my arthritic old legs. If I'm faced with no choice but to fly for that amount of time then I save up the pennies and travel either premium economy or business class depending on the airline.
                The EK service was nothing short of superb. On time flights, excellent cabin service and food and a stupendous selection of in-flight entertainment. The best economy travel that I ever experienced. The other Arab airline that I've flown was Etihad business class London-Abu Dhabi ......Abu Dhabi - Bangkok. Again, superb flights and service.
                My wife and I have the benefit of an "Airport Angel" lounge access card courtesy of her bank account. Access is free for her and £15 per visit for me with access to over 600 lounges world wide so travelling is further eased if we should have a longer transit time.
                To summarise ? Travelling eastwards from the UK and Emirates/Etihad and maybe Qatar will get my business every time. Travelling across the pond to the US and beyond ? Virgin Atlantic premium or Thomson premium (bet that last one surprised you !) I avoid BA if I can. Tired aircraft, tired crews, expensive, they charge for prebooked seats and poor cabin service. Last time I used their premium economy service the only difference to economy was the 37" legroom. Everything else was at economy service level.

easyJet and Ryanair ? NEVER in a million years. If they are the only way to get somewhere ...... Then I 'ain't going !

Like you I now like a break in long distance travel. That why I now fly Icelandic between the US and Europe - the hour or so break in Iceland allows me to stretch my legs. Bonus is that flights are slightly cheaper than non-stop. Negative (?) is no free meal service so I either bring a snack or buy in Iceland.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                  Like you I now like a break in long distance travel. That why I now fly Icelandic between the US and Europe - the hour or so break in Iceland allows me to stretch my legs. Bonus is that flights are slightly cheaper than non-stop. Negative (?) is no free meal service so I either bring a snack or buy in Iceland.
                  I see Icelandair in Denver a lot lately. Is there a big Icelandic community in Colorado that I don't know about? Why Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
                    I see Icelandair in Denver a lot lately. Is there a big Icelandic community in Colorado that I don't know about? Why Denver?
                    I think Icelandic has a clever route system; they fly from 12 North American cities via Iceland to 24 European Cities. No other country can offer this particular routing. The flights I've flown have always been full and recently Icelandic started flying in/out of Denver 7 days a week. I'm not aware of a big Icelandic population in Denver.

One bonus for fliers into LHR is that Icelandic uses the more passenger friendly Terminal 3 whereas BA uses the passenger unfriendly Terminal 5.

Comment

I dont know why I thought Beijing wasnt served.

Comment

EK Cargo launching Basel from September, this one is confirmed by press release.

Comment

Mexico City might be coming online this year, its already served by Skycargo.

Comment

Mexico City might be coming online this year, its already served by Skycargo.
                            Logistically, though, there is an issue with the flight due to MEX's altitude. A 772LR can make the DXB-MEX run without much issue (a long flight, admittedly), however the MEX-DXB run would be highly weight restricted.

Perhaps a stop is in order, though finding the 5th freedom rights (or, finding a suitable fuel stop) is going to be hard as EK is under increasingly under scrutiny from U.S. (and many E.U.) locations about granting said rights.

Comment

Barcelona could be used.

Comment

Barcelona could be used.
                                I doubt that Mexican authorities would allow it as it would hurt AeroMexico. It would be the best solution though...

Comment

Working...
                                X