Hiya, Sorry if this is in the wrong subform. I was hoping to buy the TZ20, after 10,000+ photos on my ancient fuju s5600, and have a few questions:
- I'm quite a frugal person in regards to saving every second of battery life on my camera. I also can go through a whole day of constant turning on and turning off my S5600 (when I am using it), sometimes even turning it back on a second or 2 after switching it off just to save battery. I really don't know how my S5600 has stood my constant onslaught of neglect of the power button.
How does the TZ20 stand in terms of the constant onslaught of turning on/off multiple times since you've brought it? How quickly does it turn on/off?
-Can it withstand impacts? In the 10,000+ Images I've taken with my S5600, I've only managed to drop it once or twice with no ill effects. Of course, this is a smaller camera but with a higher build quality.
How long does the battery last? When I get it, I would most likely need it for a minimum of 1.5 days (assuming usage is just visiting a city; 200 photos plus a few videos; plus constant turning on and off). Just wondering about the battery as to how many extra I should buy just in case, but so far I'm only looking to buy 1 extra.
- How well does it perform with sunset/landscape shots?
- Is there a battery adapter which can allow the camera to use ordinary AA batteries? (I hate it when I'm all out)
- The touchscreen. I tried out the camera in the store and it seems the touchscreen doesn't work on a lot of menus or its very unresponsive. Also it was quite difficult in switching between different settings (as they were in a menu within a menu). Is the touchscreen responsive?
- Does it shoot RAW?
- How difficult is it to change the zoom? I tried it in store and it zoomed in and out fully on its own even without my intervention. Does it affect the shots when shooting (i.e. A/C?)
- How is the quality in terms of spotting? How long per photo (on average) to edit and upload?
- Any sample images?