Instagram Site Stealing Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instagram Site Stealing Photos

I was directed to the below site earlier this morning. I found several of my images from JP that were on the site. The owner is removing the copyright bar from the bottom of the images. I emailed the account owner and had my images removed, but all members should check to make sure their images aren't being used without permission.

751K Followers, 1,451 Following, 5,119 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Official Instagram Aviation™ (@instagramaviation)
    Click below to See My Photos On:

Thanks very much.

It's a bit much to remove the copyright bar and watermark, then change the back story!

[photoid=7393830]

Comment

I had als two shots there. Seems that he removes them after leaving a comment that they were stolen from here....
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Could you post a comment on this one too, please: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6778793

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
          Could you post a comment on this one too, please: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6778793
          Done. let's see if it will dissapear.

Erwin

Comment

It would be better to send a message to Instagram, name and shame that idiot and perhaps they close the account.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Tried that allready but you have to do that via the mobile app or siomething like that:-S

Erwin

Comment

I've had a few issues with this on Instagram. Several accounts on there are just set up purely to repost images from the net.

The issues that you will encounter on there are the lack of knowledge about copyright theft as a majority of these instagram accounts are run by teenage kids who have no idea at all. Naming and shaming a bunch of kids may really not be the way to go, but possibly a better approach would be to educate them on the matter.

On the plus side, an Instagram image is tiny and realistically wont be useable to publish, print or download, so it doesn't really bother me that much as long as I get a credit.
                Last edited by B7772ADL; 2013-12-24, 16:17.

Comment

I was prepared to give him benefit of the doubt James, but now he has deleted my comment but left the photo I'm going to have to escalate it.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
                    I was prepared to give him benefit of the doubt James, but now he has deleted my comment but left the photo I'm going to have to escalate it.
                    I also just left a reply on his photo and took a screen shot for evidence I posted it.

Comment

I think it's been deleted now AJ? I can't see it anymore on there unless I've just missed it.

Comment

Deleted the photo, but not the account
                        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Yes, it's now gone

Comment

Working...
                          X