• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New screener that start to reject Photos

on very funny reason called "Horizon unlevel"

is it real or april fools ?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4947277

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4949013

Photos like that have been rejected for a long time, as they don't show the true angle of an aircraft on approach. See the difference below:

Which version is more realistic?

Comment

You are 50% wright, and 50% wrong.

it's depend on how far you are from the plane.
      i like to take picture as close as i can to the plane, and i have hundreds of them on JP site..... so what happened suddenly ???
      the upper picture is about 60-70 meter,
      and the lower one is about 100 meter.
      i talking about distance to ground level right under the plane.

Comment

So we should have rejected those?

[photoid=8076427]

[photoid=8077587]

Comment

The sky tone from top to bottom of the frame should change from dark to light evenly but it does not. The tonal graduation is leaning to the left indicating a horizon lean that way. In any event, the angle for an approach looks totally unrealistic.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Guys.... you should start with refresh the guidelines to screeners
            as you do to the photographers...... and not reject a photo after 22 days, that other screener mayte be accept the same picture.

from the side it's look like a roulette.... he will accept or reject the photo ?

i have 4 friends that stop their activities on JP and AL because that reason.

I know that you are volunteers, and it's not an easy job to do, (800-900 pic's a day)
            so please think about us next time you'll decide to reject a photo that you're not sure 100% that it should be rejected.

Have a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by ramimz View Post
              on very funny reason called "Horizon unlevel"

is it real or april fools ?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4947277

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=4949013
              The "new screeners" that you refer to that were involved in your rejections have been with this site since at least 2006 ! Six different screeners were involved in the votes concerning the two pictures.
              And did you not read the comments left in the rejection emails and in my last post here ?
              Last edited by brianw999; 2015-08-18, 17:51.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

I know that you are volunteers, and it's not an easy job to do, (800-900 pic's a day)
                so please think about us next time you'll decide to reject a photo that you're not sure 100% that it should be rejected.

Have a great day.
                I am 100% sure those needed to be rejected.

Comment

Crew,

I believe that Rami Mizrahi will be pretty surprised with my response. Maybe he even shocked about my response.
                  But I am fair person and I have no problem writing the truth on my heart.
                  Unfortunately, he and I are not good friends. This happens even in the best families, right? He don't like me, I don't like he... Never mind...
                  Also I can't deal with photos for about a year or so and there are many reasons for this, some of the reasons knows to at least two of the crew members who responded here, because I wrote them in the past personally, but that's not the point here.

The point is: Rami is right in the above case.
                  I suffered also with such strange rejections in the past, so I know that he was right.
                  Friends, you are welcome to visit the place he took the pictures, so you realize that you are wrong.
                  By the way, in the past I have written to you about it: If you're thinking that it's a wrong or bad angle, you can add new reason criteria:
                  Bad/ wrong Angle.
                  But what's the connection here to the horizon ???

All the best,
                  Erez.

Comment

The AoA of an Aircraft does not change with the perspective. That is the fact and a 767 or KC-135 do not have an AOA like a fighter bomber coming in for a strafing pass when on final.

Comment

it's depend on how far you are from the plane.
                      That is wrong. Basics of perspective.

Fact is ....
                      Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                      The AoA of an Aircraft does not change with the perspective. That is the fact and a 767 or KC-135 do not have an AOA like a fighter bomber coming in for a strafing pass when on final.
                      and that's why it doesn't need another rejection reason "wrong angle" or so. The worng angle is the result of taking a photo with an unlevel horizon.

This here is a good indicator for a photographer to judge the horizon:

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                      The sky tone from top to bottom of the frame should change from dark to light evenly but it does not. The tonal graduation is leaning to the left indicating a horizon lean that way. In any event, the angle for an approach looks totally unrealistic.
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                      X