Video of VIP chased off plane by angry passengers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of VIP chased off plane by angry passengers

The Karachi-Islamabad PIA flight was delayed by two hours when a VIP who was also a top most ex-Minister in previous govt. arrived late, initially the 220 passengers were lied to by staff that the delay was due to technical issues but then relented that the VIP was the cause. The flight was also carrying a dog in the cargo hold according to a poster at another forum, poor animal.

(15-9-2014), Mr Rehman Malik kept PK-370 delayed for 2 hours for himself while the rest of the 220 passengers waiting. At first the PIA staff lied to the passengers citing "technical reasons" but eventually one passenger made them spill the beans. The passengers refused to let Rehman Malik on the plane along with his entourage. Hum Dekhien Ge Laazim hai ki hum bhi dekhenge Woh din jiskaa ke waada hai, Jo lau-e-azl mein likha hai Jab zulm-o-sitam ke koh-e-garaan Rooi ki tarah udd jaayenge, Sab taaj uchaaley jaayenge. Sab takht giraaey jayyenge. To those "parties" taking credit for this by saying this was because of their protest. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PAT-PTI DHARNA. THESE PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY FED UP AND TOOK ACTION REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS HAPPENING AT D-CHOWK. THAT EVENT HAD ZERO EFFECT ON THE RESPONSE OF THE PASSENGERS. All claims by PIA spokesperson on it being technical error are incorrect. The flight crew testified to the reason for the delay. This is the original video. All other's taking credit for it should acknowledge it. The poster can be contacted at defence.pk forums. username Oscar

hahaha! that's great. in most places, those unruly pax would've been arrested for interfering with flight crew...

Comment

They apparently do things a bit differently in that part of the world. While I agree with the passenger's anger and frustration, the authority to have anyone "thrown" off a flight (no matter how intolerable the situation may be) should NEVER rest with the passengers themselves.

Comment

I dont know but in a way its great we are not policed by the govt. or authorities like in first world countries, much better this than having someone come and tell you to get off plane because you are not dressed right or people dont feel comfortable with your race and religion and you cant even say anything because you risk facing worse.

Another guy a Minister of the ruling party in current govt. was on board and asked to leave by the passengers which he did. that video is also being shown around.

Comment

With the current atmosphere and protests I can't fathom why politicians would want to make enemies. I mean, does anyone in Islamabad need a greater reminder of their unpopularity than the one that is loudly and strongly present right now?

I don't necessarily agree with Imran Khan, but stupid moves like this only add to the anger and validity of his supporters.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

An ex-PIA captain from the airlines glory days, says the airline owes the VIPs an apology because captain is in command once passengers have boarded and they did not control the situation.

Comment

BS! the airline owes the pax an apology and perhaps a free trip. a 2 hour hold for a "vip"???? bullshit

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/17/wo...utiny.html?r=0

Mr. Malik said he had gone to the airport late because Pakistan International Airlines staff members told him the flight would be delayed. “the delay was not due to me,” Mr. Malik said. “i myself suffered because of the airline’s mismanagement.”

Mr. Malik, who was interior minister until last year, waved at the protesters and returned to the departures lounge. In the interview on Tuesday, he called the protesters “miscreants indulged in terrorism” and said he was considering legal action against Pakistan International Airlines for failing to provide him and Mr. Vankwani with security.
                شرم کی بات ہے or rather besharam. So, instead of apologizing to the passengers that he inconvenienced, the security staff that he jeopardized, the airline that he maligned, and the current Minister of Minority Affairs (which is a perhaps the worst job to hold in Pakistani government) that was forced off of the aircraft by association - he has the gall to blame everyone else. Seriously, this is making Imran Khan's message more and more palatable.

Also, dealing with another issue, the aircraft was travelling from Karachi to Islamabad. Per the schedule of flights on Monday, if he missed the flight, why was he just not put onto the later flight?

Find your flights and exclusive deals. Discover, travel and connect around the world with PIA. Enjoy the new level of service, convenience and affection.
                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

He did get onboard a later flight PK 300, even if they find he is at fault it might be covered up that a tech issue caused the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
                    He did get onboard a later flight PK 300, even if they find he is at fault, the pathetic airline execs may attempt to cover it up by claiming that a tech issue caused the delay.
                    correction as above in red...

Comment

Working...
                    X