Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venezuela's saga continues - onto the Aviation sector...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venezuela's saga continues - onto the Aviation sector...

Venezuela's government said on Tuesday it was breaking commercial ties with Air Canada a day after the airline suspended flights to Caracas citing the country's civil unrest. Air Canada said it could no longer ensure the safety of its operations. "Commercial relations with @AirCanada are ended as of this moment," Hebert Garcia, Venezuela's minister for air and aquatic transport, said on his Twitter account. Air Canada had operated three return flights weekly between Toronto and Caracas.

Venezuela's government said on Tuesday it was breaking commercial ties with Air Canada a day after the airline suspended flights to Caracas citing the country's civil unrest. Avianca Holdings, operator of Colombia's biggest airline, said last week it will cut flights between Bogota and Caracas to one service a day from three beginning March 20.
    German airline Lufthansa said earlier in the month its 2013 financial results took a double-digit-million-euro hit from payment issues in Venezuela.
    With things progressively getting worse, I sadly don't see things getting better soon in Venezuela. I hope that things improve and soon. From the same vein, AC's services to CCS have been anemic for quite some time now. IIRC, the flight was an A319 or A320 at three times weekly. But, I can see how this would push them over the edge.
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.
Working...
X