Mystery 747

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery 747

Does anyone here know who's private 747 this is? The article won't say.

With all the expertise here, I figured surely someone will know, and would have external pictures.

It's hard to hide a 747.

For most people, private jets such as the $65 million Gulfstream G650 or the Bombardier Global Series are the epitome of luxury air travel, but there are a select few who can afford more than that. They’re converting airliners into private flying palaces. To meet this demand, Airbus and Boeing have begun selling "VIP" versions of their airliners under the Airbus Corporate Jet and Boeing Business Jet brands. While most of these planes are based on smaller Airbus A320 series or Boeing 737 models, one recent VIP conversion took luxury to a new level. The Boeing has been selected to be the president's new plane and will one day assume the call sign Air Force One.

I believe it's this airplane here:

It's owned by the Qatari government. Boeing also recently completed one for Kuwait, but that one is in full Kuwaiti colors, not an anonymous bizjet scheme.

Comment

OK great. Thanks so much ATLcrew.

Comment

This aircraft was gifted to the former Qatar ruler who lives in exile in Europe after being deposed by his own son, the son's two 748's are to be delivered this year and might be in Qatar Airways livery.

Comment

Actually those appear to be stock photos (or maybe high quality cgi) of several different configurations, not just the same plane. You can tell because they show 3 different bedrooms that are in the nose of the plane. So it's not all the same plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick G View Post
            Does anyone here know who's private 747 this is? The article won't say.

With all the expertise here, I figured surely someone will know, and would have external pictures.

It's hard to hide a 747.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/first-...204100964.html
            Hum. I wonder about the prices that are in the yahoo link.
            yahoo says: 367 M US-$ for one B748i
            en wiki says: 351.4 M US-$ for one B748i,
            both prices without special US-president features.

So, what? Which price is effective, for April 25th, 2015?

Some people might assume that I should know more about the B748i price list. But most of the time, I only love the 747.
            And I don't have to buy it.

PS: Finally, it is obvious, that you don't have to own 1,000,000,000 US-$ to buy one B748i. So, the hobby of Mr John Travolta seems quite normal.

PS II: I don't have to look at one of my favourite cinema heroes to perceive that we love machines which are as old as ourselves. But only one or two people on this planet own enough material to provide airworthiness for a 1978 B742 ...

en wiki says: 39 M US-$ for a B742 back in 1976 when it was new. + inflation = ?
            And what would be the price for an airworthy B742, today?

What a dangerous topic for a Saturday morning, it might come to enthusiastic scenes ...
            There is one jetphoto which I am not tired to cite.
            Those were the times when B742 had a belly which reminds every '78 boy of a Discokugel (translation?).

LH-B742, incl quite a classic comment by a 747 lover.

PS: A question for the #1s of this site, Brian, AJ, Seahawk. Why is there an option for a signature? Can't you delete the option if it is inactive for more than 1 longhaul flight?
            (quite a Boeing question, actually)
            Btw, I am oldschool (exactly as this forum? :P) . I can live without this modern stuff.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2015-04-25, 03:28. Reason: Big toys for big boys.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86 View Post
              Actually those appear to be stock photos (or maybe high quality cgi) of several different configurations, not just the same plane. You can tell because they show 3 different bedrooms that are in the nose of the plane. So it's not all the same plane.
              Yes the first 5 pics and the two other bedrooms and one of the dinnig rooms may not be from the Qatar plane.

Comment

Back to the roots

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
                This aircraft was gifted to the former Qatar ruler who lives in exile in Europe after being deposed by his own son, the son's two 748's are to be delivered this year and might be in Qatar Airways livery.
                Hum. Until today, I have not seen a progress:

But it is a mystery. How can a machine which,
                in its outer appearance, was invented before I was invented..
                still be so incredibly beautiful.

And they again wear the 1978 black nose? I LOVE IT!
                The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
                X