This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punta Cana it is.

Unique in that it is the only privately owned and run International Airport.

There is a nearby hotel (can't remember the name) that will pick you up at the aircraft steps in a golf buggy, run you through customs as a priority and, on your return, reverse the process including an executive lounge while the bog standard tourists have to walk across the tarmac.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• You would expect that two "brothers", though a world apart would be somewhat alike in temperament?
      Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

• Going to the sea, but not together. They could never "see" eye to eye, at least at the same time.

Comment

• Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip paid a visit to one and it the wind was kicking it would have been a Royal Wetting.

or

As different as night .... and .... day. While once active at the same time, an aviator would have been hard pressed to explain it away.

Comment

• From Destroyers to .. one still stands the watch.

The other as a B-29 roost you would be saddened to see the K-Mart that now watches the stand. The hot dog and pop corn stand by lawn & garden.

Comment

• Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
              .......you would be saddened to see the K-Mart that now watches the stand. .......
              So that makes it a US airfield then ?

Comment

• Ah! Sorry by "brothers" I meant two fields. They both started out as US strips but only one survives and not under the US colors. Different as .. night is to day?

Her Royal Majesty was probably witness the the mighty KC-97 that were there and (that was), the first plane I was ever on. Not aloft in but on Armed Forces Day when I was perhaps 10 years old I got to go up to the flight deck. Back in the day when the world was free for a few moments? I also got to pop off a few rounds from a .50 cal that year too. That would never happen today.

Comment

• L.F. Wade International Airport, Bermuda. ??

Comment

• Well one would be a little chilly for wading. All "Georges" aren't the same are they?

The other is relatively close to but not on a beach.

Remember this is a "twofer" .. or two for the price of one.

twofer is not a clue just a US expression

Comment

• Well for one, I would not listen to that Horace Greely fellow. I would go north.

The other is a different story going so far west that it turns into ..

Comment

• All date lines are not for the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club members?

Comment

• Now I'm REALLY confused !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                            Now I'm REALLY confused !
                            I've been confused for days now on this one. Brian, your Cyrillic clues are one thing, guamainiac's ones are at another level entirely!

I'm raising the white flag on this one.

Comment

• The American TV show NCIS does contain a clue regarding actors.

Two airfields, one still exists, the other just a memory.

Comment

• Gibbs?

Comment

Working...
                                X