Record skydiving altitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record skydiving altitude

I'm surprised by the lack of media attention to the 25 mile skydive by Alan Eustace
    A helium-filled balloon lifted Alan Eustace, a Google executive, to more than 25 miles above the earth. Fifteen minutes after he cut himself loose, he was on the ground.

He deliberately refused any commercial backing even when Google wanted to back him because he just wanted to do his own thing for himself without any fanfare. He certainly got that wish as I haven't seen any official media coverage at all.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

That big search machine was paused in their very normal business: pictures for everyone (who is online) on this planet?

I have to confess, I don't either know what our new LH chief leftseat is doing in every second, and I don't wanna know (meet by chance one of Obama's a/c...) .

But LH is not known for picture publishing. What I have in mind, Mr Eustace is older than our new LH chief leftseat. So, can we do something like that here in Germany, with a prominent LH cast?

When I think twice, then he should not do it. We really need him because he is a good guy,
      and he finally is a professional airman**,
      which is a skill that only very few of his predecessors were able to provide.

And most probably, his insurance does not allow such extraordinary stunts.

**You may pay attention to who says hello from the cockpit...
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2014-11-16, 07:34. Reason: +airman, +hello
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
      X