Most Famous Person you ever met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AEagle40
    Steve Buscemi, the guy who was Mr. Pink in Reservoir Dogs and the insane guy in Con Air, and the genuis in Armegedon.
    There's a guy down the street from me who has the name Steve and that looks 100% like him... weird?

I met Madonna (sort of) at a show in Atlantic City... I was in the first row and she came over with the mic and started asking me questions, then made me kiss her on the cheek... those shows in Atlantic City are always so personal

I met Derek Jeter at one of those "meet the players" games, if that counts.
    www.acairport.com

Comment

Sergio Garcia if that counts

Comment

I lived in Memphis for many years, and during that time I worked as a Tour Guide at Graceland - Elvis Presley's Mansion - and I was able to meet alot of celebrities and other well noted people...The neatest was getting to meet former President Jimmy Carter or the time I got to meet the band Kiss...

Comment

I met Bob Gefferson once at the green grouser

Comment

oh yeah i met Pete Whakapapo at the Fish and chip shop, he had apart in Once Were Warriors

Comment

Originally posted by Triton1831
              Muhammad Ali.
              Me too.... in Kabul.

Met John Simpson & Bianca Jagger (they weren't together!) in Islamabad, also Jim Clancy (CNN I think) & Steve Santini (Fox 'news').

Kofi Annan & Peter Jouvenal (war cameraman) in Kabul. Dan Rather in Bagram.

John Simpson, Mohammed Ali & Peter Jouvenal were all top-blokes, Bianca Jagger had a face like a bulldog licking pi55 off a nettle & Kofi Annan was a bit too busy to have a proper chat

Windsor Davies & Melvyn Hayes (of "It Ain't Half Hot Mum", er, 'fame' (got an autograph from Davies, the other guy did a runner)), can't remember where that was. Brendan Foster (runner) & Chris Wotsit (who used to present a travel prog on TV in the UK, what was his surname? Kelly?), both in the thriving metropolis of Craster in Northumberland. The Pixie himself, Robin Cook at Heathrow. Dizzie Addicot at Coventry Airport, Ken Wallis (of autogyro fame) & Vern Raeburn (Connie owner) at Farnborough, Jack Cunningham in a pub near Gateshead, Denis Norden on Oxford St, that fat 'comedian' Phil Jupitas is it? outside the bbc place just up the road from Oxford Circus, Lady Armstrong at home (Bamburgh Castle) & Richard Thomas (ex Dead Sparrows leader) at Linton On Ouse. Also Peter Duncan (Blue Peter) & Benny from (the old) Crossroads!

RJP
              View my photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of NYC and the CEO of Bloomberg. Very, very nice guy and very smart.

Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of NYC. A very intellegent man, but extremely arrogant and very uptight. I don't like him as much as Bloomberg.

George Pataki, Governor of NY State. Didn't get to speak with him much, but he seemed alright.

Charles Schumer, NY State Senator. Actually, a nice guy and seems like a caring person too.

Wayne Gretzky, former NHL superstar. Didn't like him so much; seemed to be very fake.

Mark Messier, NHL superstar. Intense personality, but a nice guy.

Lots of other NHL players and I can't think of all of them right now. But I was neighbors with Craig McTavish and he's a friendly guy. Craig Simpson, former NHL player and now a commentator for a CTV SportsNet (for those of you in Canada), is a very, very pleasant person and really smart too. Nick Kypreos (also a CTV SportsNet commentator) is a friendly chap.

Arthur Li, who is the Education Minister of HK (or something like that) and is also from a prominant HK banking family. Didn't speak to him much, but he speaks perfect English. In fact, he speaks with a British accent, which surprised me. By all accounts, he's a very smart guy, but a ruthless businessman.

Countless NYC politicians (all through my old job). Mark Green and Freddy Ferrer were two of the biggest pricks I've ever met. Both are just useless loudmouths, especially Mark Green. City Council Speaker Gifford Miller is just an idiot.

Also a few Alberta politicians. Ralph Klein, Alberta Premier, is not that bright, but I still liked him. I also really liked former Edmonton Mayor Lawerance Decore (used to play street hockey with his kid). I did not like former Edmonton mayor Jan Reimer.

Comment

I have a picture when i was 6 sitting on Mario Lemieux's lap.......My dad also met George Bush Jr. lol

Comment

I think I'll get in on this topic as I have quite a large list. Some of these I met and knew from when I lived in the Chicago area, but most are from around here in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area.

Cris Collinsworth - NFL Commentator on FOX - Lives Down The Street
                    Dave Cowans - Voted Top 50 NBA Players Ever - Lives Down The Street
                    The Paytons - Family of the NFL Great Walter Payton, Son Jarret who is now attending the University of Miami playing football used to play soccer with my brother throughout high school
                    Mike Piazza - Catcher from the MLB (Mets right?) - Came to a football practice of mine
                    Derek Jeter - Yankees Shortstop - Also came to football practice
                    Marvin Lewis - Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach - Came to football game
                    Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals WR - Came to football game
                    Anthony Munoz - Ex NFL Player - Visits School Often
                    Eli Manning - College QB, Soon to Be Pro - Filmed Commercial at my school
                    Harlem Globetrotters - No explanation - Last weekend at my hotel
                    Several Members of Los Angeles Dodgers - No Explanation - Came to pick up someone at one of our football practices
                    Blessid Union Of Soul - Music Group - Ate Dinner With Them
                    William Reik - Part Owner of Cincinnati Reds - Go to school with his son
                    Most of the Cincinnati Reds - I also get to meet (during the summer) at least one baseball player a week that is in town playing against the Reds.

That's all I can think of as of now, if I remember anyone else I'll be sure to update this post. I've had the opportunity to meet many well known people, mainly athletes.
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

IntheShade

Comment

Originally posted by PHLY Girl
                        IntheShade
                        sry you had to go through that.
                        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Gianni Versace in Singapore in the early 90s

next trips
                          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Forgot about sports personalities..

Patrick Roy
                            Peter Forseberg
                            Joe Sakic
                            Ray Borque

Jack Nicklaus
                            Johnny Miller
                            Arnold Palmer

Mad Max Papas...!

Pele'

Comment

Actually come to think of it, Chris Mortenson because he is a family friend so i didn't really think about it until now. His son Alex and my cousin played on the same baseball team and then came out here for a football camp and so we had my uncle, Chris Mortenson (ESPN), his son Alex and my cousin Eddie over here for most of that week.

Comment

I met Nolan Ryan - I went 3 for 4 against him and scored 3 runs in a softball game!

I met President George W. Bush while he was TX Governor.

Governor Bush introduced me to Senator Bob Dole.

I also met Princess Fergie's dad at a polo match in Houston.
                                Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Working...
                                X