Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting in Düsseldorf

Hi,
    I am currently thinking of taking a oneday trip to Düsseldorf and spot.
    However, I can see on the offical homepage for Düsseldorf Airport that there currently are some contruction work going on at the viewing platform on top of the terminals.

Are there anyone here who knows what kind of construction work that´s going on ?.
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Hi Peter,

during the next weeks there are construction works for a new security checkpoint at the viewing platform's entrance on roof of the terminal's concourse B. The viewing platform will be fully accessible during that time, however. Unfortunately, the other viewing platform on top of the railway station is now permanently closed.

For info about expected interesting aircraft just look at http://www.dusinfo.net/index.php

Enjoy your day at DUS!
    Greets,
    Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by flyer408 View Post
      Hi Peter,

during the next weeks there are construction works for a new security checkpoint at the viewing platform's entrance on roof of the terminal's concourse B. The viewing platform will be fully accessible during that time, however. Unfortunately, the other viewing platform on top of the railway station is now permanently closed.

For info about expected interesting aircraft just look at http://www.dusinfo.net/index.php

Enjoy your day at DUS!
      Hi,
      Why the viewing platform on top of the railway station is now permanently closed?
      I visited the place about ten months ago, I really enjoyed this place. What is the reason the place was closed permanently?
      Best regards,
      Erez.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
        Hi,
        Why the viewing platform on top of the railway station is now permanently closed?
        I visited the place about ten months ago, I really enjoyed this place. What is the reason the place was closed permanently?
        Best regards,
        Erez.
        Die Aussichtsplattform am Bahnhof Düsseldorf Flughafen bleibt wegen der gestiegenen Sicherheitsanforderungen bis auf Weiteres geschlossen.

In English (translated by LH-B744):
        The observation deck at DUS longhaul train station is closed due to security reasons, we can't publish a date of reopening today.
        Please show respect to our decision.
        ---

Our second obs. deck (which by way is the older one) is open even during the construction works!

Welcome at EDDL!
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
          Die Aussichtsplattform am Bahnhof Düsseldorf Flughafen bleibt wegen der gestiegenen Sicherheitsanforderungen bis auf Weiteres geschlossen.

In English (translated by LH-B744):
          The observation deck at DUS longhaul train station is closed due to security reasons, we can't publish a date of reopening today.
          Please show respect to our decision.
          ---

Our second obs. deck (which by way is the older one) is open even during the construction works!

Welcome at EDDL!
          OK, thank you for the info.
          Danke.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
            OK, thank you for the info.
            Danke.
            Your nickname sounds like Vural Öger. You know Mr Öger?

He was the man who invented flights from EDDH to Turkey, in the year 1969.

We are not allowed to speak German here in this forum. So, hopefully we can answer my question in the language of the jp website CEO...

Do you know the year when the first TK* jets performed the t/o at EDDL?

I'm asking because I don't know the answer!

*Turkish Airlines - Star Alliance Member since 2008.

PS: The jp data base only reaches back to the year 2002:
            TK-A310, but we all know that aviation took place before the www was invented...
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2014-05-07, 05:01. Reason: + research results.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Your nickname sounds like Vural Öger. You know Mr Öger?

He was the man who invented flights from EDDH to Turkey, in the year 1969.

We are not allowed to speak German here in this forum. So, hopefully we can answer my question in the language of the jp website CEO...

I'm asking because I don't know the answer!

*Turkish Airlines - Star Alliance Member since 2008.

PS: The jp data base only reaches back to the year 2002:
              TK-A310, but we all know that aviation took place before the www was invented...
              Hello again...
              Erez is my real first name, S is the first letter of the second name. So it's not a nickname...
              I do not know Mr. Vural Öger.
              Also, I do not understand the German language, I just wanted to express my gratitude for you with your language, so I used Google - Translate...
              I was a guest from Israel. I hope that till my next visit in Düsseldorf the viewing platform on top of the railway station will reopen.
              Thanks again,
              Erez.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I had seen it on the official webpage, but I feared that they would do something like they have done in Hamburg and Münich with putting a glass "wall" up.
                Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Terrace on the railway station is very likely gone forever. The big terminal terrace will get a security check point (like FRA or TXL) costs are said to be around 100.000 Euros for the unavoidable reconstruction. Hard to imagine they spent that money again on the train station.

Comment

I have noticed them there first in 1972 regularly, operating DC-9-30 and B707-321, later that year they were the first airline to operate DC-10 into DUS.
                    Greets,
                    Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                    X