Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egll
    This sounds like a great idea and I hope it becomes a useful tool for fellow contributors past and present. On a personal level I would love to see Jason's PS tutorial taken a step further, I often hear people referring to masking an image and despite my best efforts with the online manual (PS7) I don't seem to be able to use this technique, a good explanation of how to use the levels function would also be really helpful as this is another area that I just don't know very well.

I've learnt a lot mostly from the A.net forum on how to improve my PS technique and would love to learn more and maybe turn some of those borderline pictures into acceptable ones!

Matt
    Can someone please tell me where I can find this Jason's PS tutorial?
    Also any other guides to PS7 would be great, Particularly in the aviation photography area.

Thanks.

Comment

i ran you through the technique for photoshop7.

did you forget it?

next trips
      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by gbasco
        How about this? Still, the original was very grainy and blurry.
        Damn.. How did you get all that grain out.. I've got some grainy images but I've given up on uploading and now also on fixing. Some tips on the technique used would be nice.

Let me know if you want some of the grainy pics. Also have some grainy pics in bad weather, great water fx but loads of grain.

Any help welcome.

Thanks,

-Michael
        Profile | AVIATION-PHOTOGRAPHY.nl

Comment

Too much noise?

Hello,

New to this uploading malarkey (been getting wallpaper from jetphotos.net for quite some time).

I thought I had a photo of a good quality to share with the outside world but it got rejected for "Too much noise"

This confuses me somewhat - can anyone elaborate on what "noise" is on a purely visual medium??

andy

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Andy,
            Visual "noise" is most likely to be interpreted as grain. Though it is hard to say what the particular screener had in mind.

Comment

Can someone explain me what the setting do when using USM? (so threshold etc)

Comment

Why don't you just try them and see the results first hand. You will understand the cause and effect much better that way.

or...

go to one of the photo sites and read.

Comment

Punkydawg,

As Jeff said noise in a digital photo is generally seen as grain. It can also be seen sometimes as a color shift or as overall softness of the image. Your photo also had a slightly tilted horizon. This is one of the first things you should correct in post-processing a photo.

I worked on your photo a little and came up with this:

Comment

Help me with this pic

Hi Freightdogg!!

I am David from Chile. You helped me with a pic some months ago.

Please, can you help me with this pic, I love this pic, but it was rejected. Thank you very much!! If you want I can send you the original to your mail.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
                    D@VID
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3793

Comment

All of a sudden I have got these rejects. I dont think that they are fair rejects. You must also look at what camera I use and at my previous uploads. That photos are not beter than these rejects.Dont compare them with photographers with better equiptment.

I hope you can shed some light at my rejects. From the screeners serious replies, thanx in advance.

ErwinS
                      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

The screeners try to help with the rejection reasons. You should really read the mails and try to figure out yourself, what's wrong with the rejected pics.

Here some further advices:

A tad more sharpness will surely help.
                        The rear part of the fuselage doesn't show any details anymore. Perhaps working on color tones and levels will help here.

Clearly overexposed. The white areas doen't show any details anymore.

Again a bit unsharp. A tad more USM (for example) will help here. The levels and tones could also been improved to get more contrast.

No comment here. Read the rejection message again. It's clear enough.

Cheers
                        Gerardo
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Guys, I need help with this photo. Can I still modify this photo to make it right?

Nothing beats the feeling of flying.

My plane photos in Jetphotos.net

Comment

basically charles, what you have to do is to remove the grain/noise on that image using the neatimage application. think this can be found at www.neatimage.com. secondly you have to make it brighter i think its abit dark at the moment. also i think it might help if you levelled the image, maybe 0.5 degree CCW.

Comment

Airbus330Fan

I have a question and maybe also an sugestion.

Even that photo beeing a tails shot,wouldnīt be better if you had the Swiss vertical stabilizator(the little wing on the tail,in case you didnīt understood that) on the photo too?I donīt think that could be a rejection reason,of course,but I think that the photo would be a little better(I liked it anyway )
                              My photos on Jetphotos.net

Renato

Comment

Help With A Reject

What can I do with this reject? I realize that it was cloudy overcast weather but the plane itself came out real nice. Now on the original the lower fuselage/bottom was dark, not showing any detail so I created a levels layer and brightened only that part. Should I have left it dark? I can take this version and increase the contrast on the overall which would make the bottom more dark but it just doesnt look right then.

bruce
                                View my photos at JP.Net
                                Home Airport: Jackson - Evers Int'l (JAN) - Jackson, MS
                                Camera: Canon 50D, 100-400L/17-85 lenses

Comment

Working...
                                X