Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshopping a light pole

Hi all,

I have an image that has a lightpole in the frame (Not obstructing the aircraft, just in the frame), and the background of the whole photo is a mountain. Can I use the cloning tool and just remove the pole? Does that comply with the upload guidelines/rules? Attached is the final product. The reason why I'm asking this is because the aircraft in the photo (B-KPB) wears a fairly new special scheme and so I thought it was worth it to give it a shot. BTW its in the queue already. I just thought of this issue and I was worried that it may be rejected. It has been pre-screened already (please look at the pre-screening thread) by Alex, I believe, and it was ok. This just came into my mind.

Thanks,
    Michael

Cloning away poles is not allowed.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

10/10 for honesty....but as Gerardo says, cloning is not permitted.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

OK thanks guys.

Comment

On the other hand, would this image be acceptable? No manipulation of pixels, no cloning away poles. Just pure image.

Comment

Coming by this thread, I thought "let's look at the picture #1 and try to spot the area of the pole", just out of curiousity and without affronting anyone.

What I saw was a very mushy lower part of the image and I wonder, how large that pole actually was... The pic hasn't gone into the db, so no issue. But Michael you'd probably agree that it is a very obvious edit.

Just my 2 cents here

(edit: attachment added )

Comment

I can't seem to upload the shot here... Seems that there is some problem.
              Well basically the pole was in the area below the front fuselage, between the front and main gears. It was distracting, really. That's why I removed it. And the reason why there are so many mushy parts is mainly because if I only cloned that part out, it would have been a bit too obvious, so I just smudged the whole thing.

BTW is this OK?

Comment

Working...
              X