Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting Retro-Busses

Hi everyone,

With the recently painted OE-LBP I know of 4 different "Retro-Looks" on Airbus Narrowbodies.

--> SAS, Iberia, Lufthansa, Austrian

Now this is just the right moment to start a small collection. As I admire the A318-A321, for the moment I would only collect this model, but I'm open for other airlines. This is also due to restricted availability of space on the shelf. Thus I think 1:400 would be the best scale.

- Would you agree with the scale suggestion?
    - Which manufacurers offer the above mentioned retro liveries?
    - Which one would offer the best details?
    - Of course there are some others all around the globe, but I simply don't know them yet. What other airlines operate Retro liveries on Airbus narrowbodies? Actually, one could also see the "old" Air Berlin livery as Retro And I think, also a Swissair Bus would fit into this collection...

Many thanks for your opinions and suggestions!

I would wait till they all come out in 1/400 scale and anything but Herpa, I found herpa's quality far insuperior to the other 1/400 scale companies. For retro airbus's I have the following:

Lufthansa A321
    US Airways PSA
    and a few others i can't think of right now.

Comment

Well, recently I came over a few others...

Air Canada: C-FZUH
      US Airways: N828AW ("America West")

Plus those from Europe:
      Iberia: EC-KKS
      SAS: OY-KBO
      Lufthansa: D-AIRX
      Austrian: OE-LBP

Well, and if one really likes to start a collection, there are also some UA heritage schemes (PSA, Allegheny, Piedmont) and a few other colorful busses...

Thanks Chris for your opinion on Herpa. I ordered now (before your answer) two models, one from Herpa, one from Gemini. Let's see how they compete

Does anyone know where I could order the Air Canada C-FZUH??

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair
        Well, recently I came over a few others...

Air Canada: C-FZUH
        US Airways: N828AW ("America West")

Plus those from Europe:
        SAS: OY-KBO
        Lufthansa: D-AIRX
        Austrian: OE-LBP

Well, and if one really likes to start a collection, there are also some UA heritage schemes (PSA, Allegheny, Piedmont) and a few other colorful busses...

Thanks Chris for your opinion on Herpa. I ordered now (before your answer) two models, one from Herpa, one from Gemini. Let's see how they compete

Does anyone know where I could order the Air Canada C-FZUH??
        Well in 1/400 scale only Dragon has made one and its their old version which is pretty bad looking, in 1/500 herpa made one but that is a joke big time. The 1/500 starjets version isn't bad, but for the dragon one I don't know where you would find it as it was discontinued in 2001, my guess would just be Ebay as your best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
          anything but Herpa
          Well, now that my first order was delivered, I was first of all impressed by the details these little things are offering! But: The Herpa D-AIRX was pretty similar to the GeminiJets OY-KBO - therefore I can't second this meaning so far - but of course the size of this sample is far from appropriate this meaning I'll have to expand it

Comment

Hi folks, just for those who saw it as late as I did (just a few days ago ), GeminiJets is delivering now

Of course my collection is growing these days

Comment

Well, and thanks to jp.net I learned right now the news about Air France...

Which means I'm still waiting for:

OH-LVE (Finnair)
              OE-LBP (Austrian Airlines) and
              F-GFKJ (Air France)

...and hoping for this year's birthday and santa's deliveries

Comment

Here`s my SAS retrobus, Herpa 1:200 scale:

Cheers,
                Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone.

Comment

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
                  I'm still waiting for:

OH-LVE (Finnair)
                  OE-LBP (Austrian Airlines) and
                  F-GFKJ (Air France)
                  Hi folks,

Does anyone have information about manufacturers offering the above mentioned retros? I would be veeeery grateful!

(In the meantime I quieted my lust with other busses like Czech AF's 2801 or Azerbaijan's 4K-AZ03 )

Comment

Have you tried www.flugzeugmodelle.com ? It used to be my source for information, when it was still known as "Airmail-Versand" run by Ueli Frei.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                      Have you tried www.flugzeugmodelle.com ?
                      Thx Gerardo,
                      I check it out regularily (and it is my principal souce of supply) but they can't sell what manufacturers don't produce...

I still hope to get some infos, not only from the latter but also about airlines promoting their own aircraft models (like e.g. Swiss).
                      Last edited by bleuair; 2010-05-25, 06:41. Reason: quote fixed

Comment

Hi everyone,

Bringing up this one again...

PR-MBW is the newest addition to the fleet of Airbus narrowbody retroschemes. I know there is not yet any 1:400 scale model around, but for the future, it would be nice if you'd let me know about any release somewhere in the world!

I'm still looking for Finnair's OH-LVE and Austrian's OE-LBP - any ideas where they're available?

F-GFKJ (Air France) is on the shelf already

Comment

New to the lineup is Aer Lingus EI-DVM but haven't seen any source yet.

Originally posted by bleuair View Post
                          PR-MBW of TAM
                          Finnair's OH-LVE
                          Austrian's OE-LBP
                          They as well are missing on my radar. Suggestions where to buy them are highly appreciated!

Comment

D-AICA - Condor Flugdienst, A320, since early December.

Very nice one!

Thanks: Any hint on where to get one of these is highly appreciated!

Comment

Found this one: N475UA (and ordered my copy). ZS-SHA is not quite a retro bus (as it is scrapped already ) but it looks nice too.

Still looking for:

PR-MBW of TAM
                              Finnair's OH-LVE
                              Austrian's OE-LBP
                              Aer Lingus EI-DVM
                              D-AICA - Condor Flugdienst

Comment

Working...
                              X