Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approaching angle vs Taxiing angle

Hello screeners,

I had my photo of a cargo MD11 registered B-2177 rejected for having a similar photo already in the database. The photo that I already have in the database is of the aircraft taxiing to the cargo apron, while my rejected photo is of the aircraft on final approach (in the air). I thought this is a different angle and should not be seen as "similar" because they clearly are not similar.

My rejected photo is here:

My existing photo in the database is here:

It's always nice to see the MD11 and in these nice classic colors it's even better!!!. B-2177. McDonnell Douglas MD-11(F). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

What can I do?

A388

Well, This is the Similar rules as listed in the upload guidelines...

2.6 Similar

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try other angles, be creative. Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight. The angle between uploads must differ by at least 45 degrees. However, if a new upload is of a significantly better quality, we may consider accepting it. Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.
    For pictures taken at different airports 1 similar photo will be accepted. For further up-loads the usual criteria applies.
    For cockpit shots do not upload photos of specific instruments or controls if they appear in another full cockpit image. We will only accept a certain number of cockpit or window shots taken in the same aircraft (normally no more than 3).
    ....and this is the operative part that applies..

Similar refers to same registration, same angle/composition or same background, even if taken at different dates or in different phases of flight. The angle between uploads must differ by at least 45 degrees.
    Your images are taken at much the same angle of view, certainly not 45 degrees different angle of view.

You could however try an appeal based on the significantly different background.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      Well, This is the Similar rules as listed in the upload guidelines...

....and this is the operative part that applies..

Your images are taken at much the same angle of view, certainly not 45 degrees different angle of view.

You could however try an appeal based on the significantly different background.
      As always, thanks for your assistance Brian. Anyone other screeners with feedback?

A388

Comment

Working...
      X