Help with Aircraft/Airline Selection for upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Aircraft/Airline Selection for upload

I am trying to upload a picture of N221BN, a Skydiving aircraft. It's registration type is a Corporation, Owner is Vertical Air, INC.

I got a rejection when I tried to upload a 172 trainer that had the training schools name on the tail. I uploaded it as "private" but it got rejected for incorrect "airline."

I need some guidance in filling out the "airline" box as this is clearly used as a for hire aircraft but am at a loss on airline/private, etc.

Thanks.

Aircraft

Registration Number: N221BN
    Mode S (ICAO24) Code: A1E4DE
    Certification Issued: 2010-05-20
    Last Action Taken: 2010-05-20
    Current Status: Valid

Owner

Registration Type: Corporation
    Owner: Vertical Air Inc
    Address: Deland, FL 32724
    United States
    Region: Southern

You mean this a/c?

And do you have a reg for the rejected Cessna 172 shot.
    “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

As far as N221BN is concerned, I have added the owner Vertical Air Inc. in the General Aviation section of Airline. You now have all the data needed available to you to upload your image.
      Erwin has given you the aircraft type, registration and c/n.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

For N221BN I would list the operator as "Skydive Deland", this operator is already in the DB.

"Vertical Air Inc" is a holding company, the operator is Skydive Deland. This is similar to many flight school planes in the US; the aircraft is painted in the Embry-Riddle or UND livery, but the FAA lists the operator as "Bank of America NA" or "Wells Fargo Bank Trustee". In my opinion the listed airline should be the operator, not the holding company.

Comment

Originally posted by KPWM View Post
          For N221BN I would list the operator as "Skydive Deland", this operator is already in the DB.

"Vertical Air Inc" is a holding company, the operator is Skydive Deland. This is similar to many flight school planes in the US; the aircraft is painted in the Embry-Riddle or UND livery, but the FAA lists the operator as "Bank of America NA" or "Wells Fargo Bank Trustee". In my opinion the listed airline should be the operator, not the holding company.
          Thanks Kevin, I didn't know that. That is certainly the way to go for the airline name for this particular aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by ErwinS View Post
            Yep, the 172 is N434EP
            Last edited by GNovitsky; 2014-05-30, 02:01. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by KPWM View Post

Thanks.. I looked for Vertical Air and not Skydive Deland. Thanks.. will upload shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by GNovitsky View Post
                Yep, the 172 is N434EP
                I would agree that "private" is the correct operator for N434EP.

The A/C is operated by a flight school, but they do not have any titles applied to the aircraft to indicate the operator.

The screener may have rejected the photo because the plane is an ex-ERAU plane and they were expecting "Embry-Riddle" to be the operator. It's not an ERAU plane anymore, so I'd go with private.

Brian, do you concur?

Comment

Airline should be "Nashville Flight Training"

N434EP, c/n 17280655 has been owned by them since 2011 and seems to be the only aircraft in their fleet. The latest picture I can find has the Nashville logo on the fin.
                  I have added Nashville Flight Training under the General Aviation section of the Airline field in the upload page.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try it with Nashville Flight Training. It does indeed have the Nashville logo on the tail.

Comment

Working...
                    X