Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    Well, that's the strange part.
    I've searched the NTSB and I've found nothing, and I mean not even a tweet, related to this accident (not incident anymore, since an airplane write-off qualifies as "significant maetrial damage"). Is someone investigating it?
    Hmmm...if you can't find anything after a diligent search, that is interesting.

However, here's some speculation: As discussed in this thread (and even relevant to the G6 over run), this crash is not consistent with "the rule" that after V1, you fly unless there's a really really really dang good and clear reason not to....

Ass-hat parlour talkers would say that this flight should have continued and not made an emergency landing and certain over run after taking flight- let alone after V1.

Edit: Made the font really big on my main point.

No doubt, lawyers from numerous sides are watching every tiny bit of this crash trying to figure out "the blame" and there's probably quite a few $$ involved.

So the official agency may be keeping the cards very close to their chests until they are ready to publish conclusions...

This incident may be a highly charged interaction of human performance, rules, automation, mechanical stuff, training...
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      Did you pay any attention to when Gabriel tried to take issue with me on the use of denominators?
      That seemed to hit a nerve then
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        However, here's some speculation: As discussed in this thread (and even relevant to the G6 over run), this crash is not consistent with "the rule" that after V1, you fly unless there's a really really really dang good and clear reason not to....

Ass-hat parlour talkers would say that this flight should have continued and not made an emergency landing and certain over run [B]after taking flight- let alone after V1.
        An hypothesis around in some fora is that the plane might had been grossly out of CG or out of trim, self over-rotated-dragged-tail-became-airborne, and there the pilots aborted, maybe still below V1. I don't find it very likely (especially the "still below V1" part), but who can tell. Ok, probably the NTSB can tell, they surely have already downloaded the CVR, FDR, QAR if... IF... they are investigating at all (that I prefer to think that they are, even if I could find nothing in their website).

Oh, and I would not go as far as calling my search "the most diligent ever" precisely.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
        X