Airline Pilot Intentionally Buzzed Mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline Pilot Intentionally Buzzed Mall

... an airline pilot who was flying a Bombardier Dash 8 carrying 24 passengers and three crewmembers intentionally flew at a very low altitude at high speed over his house and a local mall.
    FAA documents obtained by a local news source in Salisbury, Maryland, indicate that an airline pilot who was flying a Bombardier Dash 8 carrying 24 passengers and three crewmembers intentionally flew at a very low altitude at high speed over his house and a local mall. The incident occurred during the Christmas season in 2012, … Continued

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Well, at least he was flying the plane. One less actual pilot...

Comment

Other FAA documents and a transcript from an interview with a Piedmont first officer indicate that pilots of Piedmont Airlines were well aware of Draper's behavior and it had become a regular enough occurrence that they had even started referring to the flight path as the Draper One Arrival.
      I hate pilots like that.

Comment

We had a fellow like that at the flying club. He had a "Jerry's Arrival and pattern".

He took out the tow plane and the pax flying with him. The only bright spot was that the plane in tow saw it in time to break and release.

And, I got crap on a few occasions for holding traffic (wouldn't allow a take off) when he was near and at at speeds too high to be considered realistic for a normal pattern and landing.

They will always be with us. Some, just not as long as others.

Three gone that day and that idiot took out one great guy (the tug pilot) along with an innocent fellow who just accepted an offer for "a ride". I'll reserve any comments regarding "Top Gun".
        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

Working...
        X