Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mengelaus View Post
    Hi, can you please help me with this reject? I can't understand the rejection reasons. Thank you, Andrei.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2932079
    Did you select night shot category ?

As far as the cut off goes...I'll leave that to someone else to comment on.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
      Did you select night shot category ?

As far as the cut off goes...I'll leave that to someone else to comment on.
      Brian, as far as I remember I selected the night shot category. I don't understand the other reject unfortunately, and you are the only one who answers me Gerardo ignores me

Comment

• Originally posted by biggerben View Post
        http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2932310

I've been getting a couple of these lately. What I did was adjust the levels so there isn't too much at 100% luminosity and not too much at 0% luminosity. Are you saying I should make the wheels totally black and some sunny bits of the plane burned out to increase the contrast?

bump?

Comment

• Quote:
          Originally Posted by biggerben
          http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2932310

I've been getting a couple of these lately. What I did was adjust the levels so there isn't too much at 100% luminosity and not too much at 0% luminosity. Are you saying I should make the wheels totally black and some sunny bits of the plane burned out to increase the contrast?

bump?
          Your original does indeed lack contrast, the image overall looks smokey and clammy.

The histogram shows a lack of shadows and highlights across the greyscale channel. Meaning a lack of difference between light and dark tones.

I opened up the levels palate [CTRL] + [L] Image -> Adjustments -> Levels

I then dragged the black slider to were the peak starts to climb a value of 14. I also did the same with white slider a value of 234. I also darkened down the midtones very slightly to a value of 1.07. Midtones is very valuable in correcting contrast as it will have a affect across most of the image.

The final histogram you can see the graph spreads and the image looks much nicer and less clammy.

Something like that would probably be about right I think.
          Hope that helps
          Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
            The histogram shows a lack of shadows and highlights across the greyscale channel.
            You're not too far out but that isn't a greyscale channel. In fact such a thing doesn't even exist. What you're seeing there is a combined luminosity and RGB histogram, and the grey part of the graph is showing luminosity.
            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
              You're not too far out but that isn't a greyscale channel. In fact such a thing doesn't even exist. What you're seeing there is a combined luminosity and RGB histogram, and the grey part of the graph is showing luminosity.
              Paul,
              Thanks for explaining that I knew the grey showed white light or whatever you want to call it, I just didn't know the technical term so made up that sounded reasonable. Luminoisty it is.
              Thanks
              RT

Comment

Paul,
                Thanks for explaining that I knew the grey showed white light or whatever you want to call it, I just didn't know the technical term so made up that sounded reasonable. Luminoisty it is.
                Thanks
                RT
                It doesn't show white light either! It shows the combined reading of the red, green and blue channels per pixel, i.e. the overall brightness. It's always best to understand things fully before trying to explain them to others to save confusion.
                Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                  It doesn't show white light either! It shows the combined reading of the red, green and blue channels per pixel, i.e. the overall brightness. It's always best to understand things fully before trying to explain them to others to save confusion.
                  Also true, I knew what is was telling me but I've never needed to know how to translate it into words, they say you learn something new every day.
                  RT

Comment

Hope that helps
                    Ryan
                    Thanks a lot, it does indeed! I guess I can be quite a bit more radical than I used to be with the levels!

Comment

• Hello Screeners,

I got this shot rejected for Horizon unlevel so what am I supposed to go off to level this? I thought the line in the middle of the wall was the best way to level this and it did get through Pre-Screening.

Thanks, Zach

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach Liepa View Post
                        Hello Screeners,

I got this shot rejected for Horizon unlevel so what am I supposed to go off to level this? I thought the line in the middle of the wall was the best way to level this and it did get through Pre-Screening.

Thanks, Zach

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=2936495
                        I would appeal that Zach.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJ View Post
                          I would appeal that Zach.
                          Appealed and accepted, thanks AJ.

Comment

• What country is on the airshow Zach?

Comment

• Hi guys, I just got this rejection for "Undersharpened/Soft" . Do you think it would be acceptable if I apply another round of Unsharp Mask? It looks pretty low quality already to me Thank you for your help. Cheers, Andrei.

Comment

• Hello dear screeners.

after changing histogram according to Your suggestions I've got this:

Really If this photo will never be accepted You may tell me it without beating the bush...

Comment

Working...
                                X